Drama At Soccer

~ALLIE POV~

I sat at a bench at Charlie's soccer game, and watched as he ran around. A little girl walked up and began looking at dad and I. We kept scooting over, but she would just get closer. Finally, she stood up and tapped dad's shoulder.

"What?"

She climbed over me and sat on his lap. "I want some ballet slippers."

I stood up, and walked to a different bench and watched as a line of kids walked up to dad and began telling him what they wanted. I looked over and saw mom and rolled my eyes. Here comes more drama. Mom and Neil stormed up to dad and I watched from the sidelines. Charlie ran up to me and pointed beside me. I looked over and noticed a bunch of children.

"What?"

"Since you're an elf, can you tell Santa that I want a video camera?" A little boy asked.

I glared sharply at him. "I am not an elf."

"Yeah you are!" Charlie said happily. "Look!"

Charlie tucked my hair back, showing off my pointy ears. I quickly smacked his hand away, trying to cover them back up. I shooed the kids away and heard mom go, "Now you have Allie in on it!"

I walked over to them, and mom quickly pushed my hair away, once again showing off my ears.

"Now Scott," Neil began. "Why would you force your daughter to do something like this?"

"He's not forcing me to do anything," I defended. "We have a play at school, and I was chosen to be the lead elf, and they asked dad to be Santa. It's all fake. We just wanted to test the costumes to see if they fit. So you can take your fake doctor excuse and leave, Neil."

"Allie!" Mom exclaimed. "You do not talk to your–"

"My what?" I demanded. "He's nothing to me. He never will be."

"Allie–"

"Gosh, why can't you just leave me alone!?" I cried. "You didn't have a problem doing that six years ago!"

Mom looked hurt. I glanced at everyone's faces, and headed back to the car. I shook my head angry at myself for getting so worked up.