Talks With Coco

~ALLIE POV~

I lay sprawled out on my bed, tired from last night. I was still shaking from fear and I hadn't come out of my room all day. I heard a faint knock on my door, but said nothing.

"Allie?" Coco's voice rang through my room. "I brought you some food."

Though I didn't want to, I got up with a sigh, and unlocked my door. I let her in, and she carried a tray and sat it on my desk. I threw myself into my bed with a sigh, and Coco sat next to me.

"You okay?" She asked.

I shrugged. "I'm still shaken up from last night. I don't like heights one bit."

"Why?"

I sat up sitting next to the young elf. "Because when I was seven, I fell out of a two story window when my mom was supposed to be watching me. That's part of the reason why mom and dad divorced."

Coco nodded slightly. "Is that why you don't like your mom?"

I shook my head. "Part of the reason."

Coco nodded. "You don't have to tell me."

I nodded in thanks. "Thank you. My friend Sara used to try to push me to tell her, I'm just not ready to share it yet."

Coco nodded in understanding. "It's okay. And that Sara girl sounds like a Grinch."

I smiled. "Not quite the word I would have used to describe Sara, but it's definitely a word to use."

Coco smiled up at me. "I don't know why Bernard doesn't like you. You're nice to be around."

I let out a small scoff, but Coco shook her head. "I wouldn't worry too much about it, Bernard was like this with all the other Santa's helpers."

"Why?" I asked.

Coco shrugged. "He's never told me."

I nodded, though I was a bit confused. I wanted to know why Bernard treated all of Santa's helpers like this, and the only way to get answers was to talk to Bernard himself. But I decided that I wasn't desperate enough to know why. So I dismissed the idea, trying to think up another idea that didn't involve talking to Bernard.