Magic Lessons

~ALLIE POV~

I sat in my room, clenching my fists angrily. I couldn't believe that I was getting so worked up over something so stupid! I looked at my desk were the picture I had gotten from Christmas was. I stood up and gripped it tightly in my hands.

 I stood up and gripped it tightly in my hands

(Allie's bedroom)

"This is a nice room you got here," A voice said causing me to jump.

I whipped around and saw Bernard laying across my bed.

"Though I'm not sure how you sleep on this rock," he said, shifting around. "This is very uncomfortable."

I threw something at him, but he just swatted it away.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.

"Well, it's already May, and you haven't had any training."

I sent him a confused look. "Training for what?"

"For being Santa's helper, little elf."

"Stop calling me that," I hissed. "I'm not an elf."

"Your ears say other wise." Bernard said with a smirk.

My hands instinctively went up to cover my ears which were on display. I turned to the mirror and stared at them. I flinched when Bernard clapped to get my attention. I glanced over at him to see him with an annoyed look on his face.

"We don't got all day here," he snapped. "I can't leave Coco unattended for too long."

"How come you didn't bring her with you?"

"She's to young," Bernard waved off. "But now we need to focus on the task at hand. First thing, you need to be able to give Santa whatever he needs, when he needs it."

"How exactly am I supposed to do that?" I demanded. "I'm not a mind reader."

Bernard rolls his eyes. "Doesn't matter of you can't read minds, you're gonna know."

I shook my head as Bernard began explaining. "So, I will pretend to be Santa, and you'll have to hand me what I need."

"Oh, sounds easy enough." I scoffed.

Bernard didn't answer, rolling his eyes again. He stood there in silence, tilting his head at me, waiting for me to hand him something. I shook my head and said, "I don't know what you expect me to do."

Bernard took something from my hand, and I looked down confused and saw I held one of my books in my hand, and was holding it out to him.

"Not bad for your first try." He said.

We kept doing that for a while, before Bernard said he thought I was ready for something else. "Alright, next lesson. Are you afraid of heights?"

"What? No." I denied quickly.

"Then this next lesson should be a piece of cake." He said.