024

jungwon's p

jungwon's p.o.v

"I didn't know things would turn out this way." I looked down, my lips were tight. I was tired, "I'm sorry."
My first ever dating scandal not even two months into my career. No fucking way.

"You were just getting along with her, you didn't do anything wrong." The adult in front of me pushed up his glasses with his name tag grandly displaying his title. production director.

"But he should have been more careful!" Another staff member suddenly interrupted us, causing me to look down again. social media manager.

Taking the chance, I anxiously glanced at my phone when my eyes widened.

Fuck, I was late to our date.

...which technically wasn't a date since she didn't know that it was one yet, but still.

"I'm sorry." I apologized again. My voice was becoming impatient, "And I can confirm, that it's not true. Me and Ae Cha aren't dating." I just wanted to get done with this.

"Alright..."

"We will schedule a press conference as soon as possible." The same social media manager as before spoke, making my eyes widen.

"What?" My voice was shaking slightly, "A press conference? Over a small allegation?"

"Jungwon, it hasn't been long since you guys debuted." The adult sighed, "We can't risk your fans losing interest over such a small allegation, when you didn't even have the chance to fully break through yet."

"He's right. You should learn to take responsibility." Another voice agreed.

"I understand. I really do. But did Ae Cha's company say something yet?" I managed to ask, "Why are we the only ones taking responsibility? I am not dating her!" I kept emphasizing.

I couldn't believe it. I was supposed to be with Ji at the convenience store and spent time with her.
But now I was stuck in an iffy company room with a bunch of adults who swear to only want the best for me.

"Ae Cha's company decided to not deny the allegations since it helps with her upcoming drama's promotion." My manager rubbed his tired eyes.
It was late.

"No way." I shook my head in disbelief, "I should have never gone on that variety show with her."
Please just let me meet Ji.

"Don't say that, Jungwon."

"No, I'm serious. I can't believe everyone is freaking out so much over a little rumor." I couldn't stay composed any longer. My jaw was clenched, "I am not dating her."