038

"What are you doing here?" His sharp hiss startled her slightly, she gulped visibly

Now standing in front of him, the girl felt her heartbeat even more prominently. She almost forgot his angry eyes and the dark look he just gave her moments before.

That's when it hit her.

Right now, he was still glaring at her.

What the fuck?
"What a heartwarming greeting." Ji spit back, making sure to keep her voice low, "You must hate seeing me that much." She kept having to remember herself that they were at a fansign for god's sake. One wrong step and it would cost not only his whole career, but also those of everyone else in the group.

She had to be careful. But what would it mean when he was the one who wasn't?

"No, No that's not it." Jungwon's expression immediately softened then, she watched him bite his lower lip in regret, "Ji, you know that's not true. You need to be more careful. You can't just..."

The girl continued to stare at him, the anger in her head and the fluttery in her heart caused the confusion of her feelings to grow. That's when she noticed something else. In his eyes. In the depths of his pupils, behind light and iris, there was something else she saw. Next to worry and concern, there was something red and full of passion. Could it be?

She couldn't help but tilt her head, "Jealousy?"
It was more of a statement than a question.

"What?" Jungwon was taken aback.

"You are jealous."

The boy's whole system crashed then, she could see it. And she almost had to suppress the laughter in the back of her throat from seeing his flustered expression. If only she wasn't angry at him at the same time for paying all of her rent costs without her knowing.

"You've got to be kidding me. Jealous? Me? I am worried about you! You can't just come here and—"

"Why?"

"Why? What do you mean why?!" Disbelief written across his face. He quickly looked around, scared that his sudden outburst drew any attention.

Relieved that his friends haven't noticed and seeing only a few curious but superficial glances from nearby fans, he was able to exhale slowly, "You know how insane they can be. Nothing stops people that are too far in this industry. There are no boundaries. There never were."

Ji swallowed hard. She was aware he was right. Reminiscing about the time they had to run and hide from fans or watch celebrities having to escape from bloodthirsty paparazzis never failed to set her heart racing from fear and disbelief.