039

"You are staring

"You are staring. Cut it out." The girl's eyes appeared menacing underneath the sunlight that was barely visible through the tinted car windows.

The boy remained silent for a moment and it contributed greatly to the girl's nervousness. He was deep in thought. And she noticed. His gaze continued to linger on her arm.

Remembering the adult harshly grabbing her arm at the fansign event with everyone watching didn't fail to make him angry all over again, his jaw clenched but not enough for her to notice. And then he remembered the heart-wrenching scream she let out and the hair on his neck stood up.

"Fuck." He unconsciously muttered under his breath, when he remembered that suffocating feeling. The agony. The feeling of not being able to do anything than just watch. Being helpless.
It made him determined to do better. To make sure this never happens again.

The sudden swear startled the girl, causing her to direct her glare straight into his eyes.

"What was that?" She raised an eyebrow and again fidgeted with the sleeve of her left arm.

"Are you okay? Like actually?" Jungwon knowingly ignored her question, swiftly moving to sit next to her. Their shoulders touched, her body shivered, "I will fire him. I promise—"

"Stop."
The boy expected a scream from her just as her body indicated. Her shoulders rose, her arms trembled again and her face was scrunched up painfully, but her voice was quiet. Like a whisper, "I swear, don't say that word to me again. Promise. You promise too much."

"But I will keep them all." Jungwon was determined.

"No, no you won't. You can't." She spoke breathlessly as if the conversation was taking away the last bit of energy left in her body, "And don't think I don't notice. Your eyes are full of pity. I don't want you to look at me like that. I already feel disgusting as it is."

"You are not."

"I can't change how I feel." She remained stubborn.

"You are right." His fetching eyes shone, "I can't either. That's why I do what I do. That's why I will do everything to prove you wrong."

Ji didn't answer right away, she couldn't. She turned her body away from him, hiding her left arm behind her. It was getting cold and dark. She felt it in her bones.
"I can't win with you, can I?" She spoke into the silence, a soft chuckle hidden in her broken voice.

"Yeah, you can't." Jungwon continued to glance at her with his delicate gaze as if he wanted to caress her, comfort her.
Again silence would engulf the two. Before she knew it, he had already taken off his jacket and put it over their two bodies, "The event must be ending soon. Let's leave before the others join and fansites storm the place—"