032

jungwon's p

jungwon's p.o.v

I was back. Back to my life.

My actual life.
"Jungwon." The adult's face was all wrinkly from exhaustion and anger, "What was that? You can't just run off like that! You have responsibilities and-"

"It was an emergency." I simply said.
I was starting to lose patience himself. No matter how many times I explained myself, my manager just wouldn't understand.

"Even if it was one, the way you handled...it wasn't right. You didn't answer any of my calls."

He's right. I thought, guilt immediately washing over my face.

I don't know what has gotten into me the past weeks.
I used to listen to every single rule like a maniac, afraid to anger the adults around me. I would keep up my attendance at school - despite my busy schedules, practice singing or song writing or dancing at every chance I had.

Don't get me wrong, I was still taking my life as an idol just as serious as before.

It was still my priority to satisfy my fans with our music. To perform.

I loved my job. I loved my life.

But it wasn't my only priority anymore.

And some wouldn't understand no matter how many times I told them.

"Yes, I know I was acting on impulse, but please remember that I still have a life outside my life as an idol." I spoke up firmly, "You can't expect me to-"

"But run away? In the middle of the night? You stayed away for the whole night. Jungwon, I was worried."

"You are right, I should have-"

"Jungwon, this is serious. This is real life. You are a public figure and leader of your own group on top of that. Wasn't this your biggest dream?" My manager looked at me with determination, knowing that this was the only way to get to me.

I just gulped, not knowing what to answer.

"You've been acting weird." He shook his head, sighing. And for some reason, my heart felt heavy, "You are distracted. Your love and passion...It seems like it's all gone-"

"That's not true." I interrupted him without knowing, "I still love this. I love being an idol. And alright, I apologize. I'm sorry, it won't happen again-"

"So you won't distract yourself anymore?"
A question.

I stayed silent.