031

The sun was shining through her window, the warmth tickling the girl's eyes

The sun was shining through her window, the warmth tickling the girl's eyes. Her eyes remained closed. For some reason she felt unusually at peace.

"Wait..a minute..." She mumbled to herself, opening her eyes slowly to glance at the clock right next to her bed. A wave of shock. It was already 10 o'clock.
For god's sake she had a measly 15 minutes left to prepare herself for her job interview!

Taking one of the clothing pieces on the ground, she wrapped the jacket loosely around her shoulders and stood up. Her head was still hammering, but it wasn't enough for her to stop heading towards her kitchen with fast steps.

And there, her eyes were about to pop out of her skull.

Not only was Jungwon standing there in her father's clothes and in her house.
But he also was doing the dishes, something that she hated doing so much.

"Jungwon." Was the only thing she said, catching his attention immediately.

"Are you up already?" He didn't turn around to her and finished cleaning the last plate, before turning off the water faucet.

"You..." She was speechless and only a hand motion away from rubbing her eyes and pinching herself to make sure what she was seeing was true.

"Yes, I'm actually here and no, you are not dreaming." The boy smiled, drying off his hands before turning around to her, "I actually wanted to leave yesterday, but it seemed like you-"
didn't want me to.

"Don't...don't end that sentence." Ji quickly interrupted him, her face turning beet red, "I fucking dare you."

She had said something dumb again in her state of vulnerability and illness, of course.

Jungwon just grinned, one corner of his mouth was raised slightly higher than the other, causing her to grow even more nervous.
"I..have to leave now. My job interview is waiting-" She would stammer.

Avoiding his eyes, she looked away. When her gaze travelled to the calendar on her kitchen counter, she would let out a relieved sigh, letting herself drop onto one of her chairs.

"Thank the lords, I don't have to prepare myself for the job interview." Ji's head dropped onto her dining table, her arms stretched out. Like a stranded whale she laid there, every ounce of energy leaving her body in relief, "I thought I had to show up looking like this."

Jungwon chuckled next to her. She heard him placing a plate right next to her head, making her look up again.

"Breakfast..?" She mumbled.