027

jungwon's p

jungwon's p.o.v

"Jungwon? Jungwon!"

A voice snapped me out of my deep thoughts.
"Yeah..?" I cleared my throat, startled at how weird my voice sounded. Realizing where I was again, I couldn't help but let out a sigh.

The waiting room.
After the break comes to an end I need to go attend another schedule of mine.
Many people were rushing past me. Staff, managers or filming crew members, everyone was busy doing their thing.

And then there was me.

The adult, who turned out to be my manager furrowed his eyebrows in concern. He put down the papers in his hands and sat down next to me, "Is something going on, Jungwon? You can tell me."

She doesn't text me anymore.
She doesn't answer me.
I don't know how she's doing. She might be somewhere, dead or alive,
and I wouldn't know.
I smiled. "No, It's nothing."

"Are things too stressful?" The elder continued to guess as I shook my head, "You've been distracted for a while now. Always glancing at your phone as if-"

"I'm just missing someone..." I smiled weakly, making it sound like I was talking about a family member, "I'm sorry, I will concentrate."

"No, it's fine." He nodded to me, "I just thought it was because of this variety show. Since Ae cha will be here too."

My eyes widened, as I unconsciously swallowed, "She's here too?"
I didn't know.

"You didn't know?" My manager squinted his eyes and I could see another fold forming right above his eyebrows.

"A-Ah, of course! Of course, I know." I quickly corrected myself, not wanting to worry him any further. The show was just about to start, "You are right, I am pretty distracted...I really need to focus."
I would let out a weak laughter afterwards, hoping to sound convincing.

Relief became visible on his face, "Good...It's good to hear you are becoming your normal self again. I will go check the mics. Go get your make up done and- you can leave your phone with me."

I nodded, casually handing him my mobile device.
It wasn't new for me to give my phone to him whenever I was having a schedule.
"Is there anything I should be careful about? Facial expressions? Eye contact with Ae cha?"

The dating rumor had reached its peak not long ago.
It would be the first time that we would go live together after the scandal first surfaced.

"As long as you keep it natural you can do whatever you want, Jungwon." The adult nodded, looking like he was glad that I asked him, "Ae cha's in the waiting room next to yours, by the way. If you want to talk to her before you guys go on stage, go ahead."