Chapter 47

(3483 words)

"What do we got?" I asked walking into the room. Detective Miller was sitting in an office right next to the door with glass walls and two whiteboards with a table in the center. She was sitting at the table, reading through a notebook with a bunch of boxes surrounding the top of the table.

"We took out everything we had from both her mother's case and her kidnapping from archives to create a timeline of the events that led to her kidnapping and being found," Detective Johnson explained, "Detective Miller is still going through the notebooks, and gathering as much as she can from them. She already got two possible descriptions of suspects that were involved in her first kidnapping. We're going through the database now,"

My uncle walked in and frowned at me, "Shouldn't you be in school?" he asked.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "Shouldn't you be eating a donut?" He gave me a look before walking to his desk and sitting down.

"How are you even getting in?" he asked confused, usually to get in you would need a visitor's pass or show your ID or badge.

I shrugged, "I told that nice old lady at the front desk that I was your son," he gave me a look.

"What? I had to show her my license, we have the same last name, and we both know I look exactly like Mom. You two practically look like twins so she was pretty easy to convince,"

Detective Brown came into the room, "Remember those notes that showed up in Bella's locker?" he asked everyone walking towards his desk.

I nodded, clenching my jaw in anger.

"Well, we just got the security footage from the school,"

I frowned, "That was weeks ago," I stated, "Why are you just getting it now?"

He looked at me frowning, "Shouldn't you be in school?" he asked,

"Shouldn't you be answering my question?" I asked.

He turned and looked at my uncle giving him a look, "Just continue," my uncle stated. Not wanting to deal with me so early in the morning.

He turned to me, "We didn't have the right legal reasons to get the footage, but because of Bella's kidnapping we were able to get a warrant for it,"

"But-"

"Ryder. School. Now," Detective Miller stated as she walked towards her desk. I sighed, "I promise, I'll have your uncle call you once we find something," she said offering me a gentle smile. I nodded, I wanted to stay I did but what use was I in here really? "See ya," I said walking out of the station, not wanting to anger Detective Miller.

---

"Dude I thought you died," Bobby said as I walked into the building. I rolled my eyes at his dramatics.

"Anything new?" Brian asked.

I shrugged, "They got footage from the time those notes were put in her locker,"

They looked at me expectantly, "They didn't give me any other information than that,"

Ace and Brian slumped in their seats defeated and Bobby groaned slamming his head into the table. Brian winced at the sound, as Ace rubbed at his own forehead as if he could feel his pain.

"Hey babe," Amelia said, sitting in the chair beside Bobby, kissing his cheek. She bit into her apple before looking around at us.

"Why does everyone look so depressed," she asked confused.

"You didn't hear?" Brian asked shocked, that she didn't know.

"Didn't hear what, exactly?" She asked still confused looking at each of us.