Chapter 31

(3003 words)

have you ever felt like you were missing something? whether that something was an item or a person I was unsure of but I knew I had forgotten something. something felt off about this whole and I wonder if what I was missing had anything to do with it.

im currently in art class right now and this is what is on my mind instead of the work in front of me. the class had just started and it just popped into my head. I shook my head knowing it would come to me sooner or later.

it is now Wednesday surprisingly this week has been going by rather slowly. Monday was pretty normal nothing happened which was okay with me. Ryder had checked over my bruises and said that they had gotten better and that I could start back up with my self-defense lessons the next day. Tuesday came and school was normal for the most part, and after school, I had my lesson.

"Hey Bella?" Bobby spoke causing me to take my eyes off my work and look up at him, "what's up?" I asked as I continued to work on my piece.

"I was wondering if you wanted to meet a friend of mine," he spoke making me freeze and look up at him. he looked nervous, he was rubbing the back of his neck and biting his lip.

I offered him a small smile and nodded, "sure Bobby," I said causing him to smile.

"Cause you don't have to if you don't want to I know your anxiety is really bad and i-,"

I chuckled at his nervous ramble causing him to stop talking, "Bobby it's fine I would like to meet your friend," I said and a smile broke across his face. 

"good I think you'll like her," he said continuing with his work. my eyes widened a girl? he wants me to meet his friend that is a girl. maybe Ryder put him up to this seeing as I only hang out with them, but yet again why would Ryder want me to hang out with other people? 

my eyes widened wait a minute-

"Bobby do you like her?" I asked looking over at him. a smile broke across my face as I saw a blush growing on his cheeks, "no," he said causing me to chuckle.

"Awww," the blush on Bobby's cheeks reddened causing me to giggle at him.

"stop," he said with a pout causing me to laugh.

"Okay okay I like her but don't tell her," he said causing my laughter to die down.

"I won't tell her I promise," I said as we both continued our work.

 the next couple of classes went by pretty quickly and soon enough it was time for lunch. Bobby seemed to be nervous as he walked with me to lunch, "bobby are you okay?" I asked as we walked through the doors of the cafeteria.

"yeah just umm," he scratched the back of his neck, "I just really want you to get along with her. your like my little sister and I don't want you to not like her," he spoke up making my eyes widen. I knew I was like a sister to him, but I didn't know that my input meant so much to him.

I gave him a reassuring smile, "don't worry Bobby, as long as your happy, im happy," I spoke trying to calm his nerves. he smiled down at me as we sat down. shortly after Brian, Ace, and Ryder joined the table with food.

Ace handed Bobby a burger and fries but he barely touched it. he was to busy looking around the cafeteria to notice the food, "yo Bobby you good?" Ace asked making all of us turn to bobby.

"yeah I just," he stopped and stood up walking away. I followed him and watched as he walked over to the cafeteria doors. he stopped right in front of a girl. she had books cradled to her chest and she seemed to pull them closer to her when Bobby stood in front of her.