Chapter 19

(3586 words) 

Bella's pov

When Michael had shown up at the gym I had calmed down, I was no longer angry but I was terrified. I had so much fear that it was starting to get hard to breathe, but I pushed that aside panicking at this moment want going to solve anything.

I didn't expect to see Ryder and the guys including Uncle Leo standing at my front porch either. which was completely confusing. I never told Uncle Leo and I wasn't planning on it. I don't want anyone getting hurt. I know what they are capable of, and I don't want anything happening to the people I care about.

When I saw Uncle Leo I think the fact that they had found me settled in. I never expected this to happen. I wasn't planning on telling him, the plan was to not let the guy find out but the boys had changed everything.

I just finished my shower and was starting to get dressed when I remembered the mirror. I quickly finished getting dressed and then opened the door. Ryder had kept his promise and was laying down on my bed on his phone. When Ryder heard the door open he looked up at me.

"I was wondering if you had fixed the mirror," I said playing with my fingers nervously.

Ryder frowned and stood up, "what mirror?" he asked confused.

"The mirror in the bathroom, the one I punched," Ryder's eyes widened and his eyes moved down to my hands seeing them all beat up from me punching that wall and repeatedly punching the big sandbag.

"No I didn't get it fixed," he rushed out, "what happened to your hand?" he asked grabbing it gently and examined it. I looked down at my hand and my eyes widened. It looked swollen and beat up. I didn't know I did that much damage to it.

"I punched a wall," I whispered still staring at my beat-up knuckles.

Ryder guided me back into the bathroom and placed me on the sink. He grabbed the first aid kit and placed it on the sink, rummaging through it, "this might sting," he said as he put disinfectant on a cotton ball. I nodded and he started to clean up my knuckles. It stung really bad causing me to wince here and there but after a while the pain was bearable.

After a while of him cleaning up my knuckles he wrapped them up and kissed each finger causing a smile to spread on my face. "Thank you," I said, causing a smile to spread on Ryder's face, "no problem Bella, now let's get you downstairs," Ryder said placing me back on the floor.

He cleaned up the first aid kit and then grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together. He guided me out of the bathroom closing the light behind him and then guided me downstairs. Everyone was in the kitchen chatting and when we got there it became quiet.

Michael sent me a warm smile, "I know you don't usually eat when you're like this but I made some eggs," he said. I send him a warm smile and let go of Ryder's hand and over to the empty chair, "thank you," I said and cut into the eggs. I had forgotten to eat breakfast and lunch so this was the only food I had eaten today.

Ryder had moved so that he was standing right behind me, I wasn't going to complain. Ryder was shaking in anger and worry when he was holding me before. I know he's just in this protective wave, and would never leave my side for a while. It didn't bother me because I found it to be comforting.

"So how did you two meet?" Uncle Leo asked causing me to blush. Everyone laughed causing me to chuckle.

"We had met in 9th grade," I frowned at what Ryder said. I don't remember meeting him in 9th grade. "She had bumped into me in the hallway," Ryder said with a smile on his face.

I looked back at Uncle Leo and saw a shocked look on his face, "wait a minute, shes that cute little girl you always used to talk about," he said causing me to blush once more, "shut up," Ryder hissed out angrily, causing the guys to laugh.