1- His Return

(Yasmin P.O.V)

"Yasmin come help me with the table ", my mom yells from downstairs.

"Okay mom I'm coming", I yell back.

I walk downstairs to see my mom in the backyard frantically setting our picnic tables and outside lunch decor up.

I instantly think to myself the Kims' must be coming over today. They are the only people my mom sets everything up for.

And if they coming over everything had to be perfect. My mom and Ms. Kim has this weird décor competition every time one of our families come over.

Our backyard is pretty big actually , we have a little backyard deck area by the back the door.

Loaded with a fireplace and chairs around the fireplace. Above we have nice white hanging lights.

You know the ones that are technically Christmas lights but everyone uses them of other things.

She has these backyard picnic decor that she just loves to set out.

This long short wooden table , that's short enough to set at without a chair.

A white laced picnic blanket to set underneath. Along with the pillows we sit on.

White and red pillows each set with each person taking a spot. White tablecloths and red napkins.

These fake but pretty wine type glasses. Plates and sliver ware of course.

Then these little stand alone candles at each end of the table.

I walk over to her and grabbed the plates out of the bin to set up the placement , " So the Kims are coming over? " , I ask her.

"Yes they are , we need to get everything ready before your dad gets home" , she replies back.

Soon after everything is done and the backyard has been neatly set for a backyard dinner.

I hear my dad's car pull up in the driveway.

"They will be here soon , but first Yasmin please go change. You're not wearing pajamas, put on one for your new pretty outfits".

She then points at my father walking in the back gate, " You go change from your work clothes, Mom tells him as she fixing the flowers.

I then go back inside and go to my room to change. My mom did have a point I wasn't even dressed. I have been in my pajamas all day just watching movies and hanging around the house, I wasn't exactly dressed for a nice family dinner.

I have updated my clothes since graduating high school because I wanted a change so over the summer I've brought a whole new style of clothes.

I wanted to be more girly and cute this year since I've had a tomboy style all through school. Wearing nothing but baggy clothes that never showed my body.

Back then I wasn't exactly comfortable with showing off my curves but I'm giving it a try this time around.

And since my mom thinks this would be the perfect time to try out my new clothes. I chose one of my dresses I brought.

I change into to a oversized off white sweater dress ,with a black trim along the sleeves and bottom, with a white dress shirt underneath for coverage and some black tennis shoes.

After I felt comfortable with my choice of clothes, I pulled out my phone and texted my friend Nieahmya.