I've never seen someone that lucky

"so we know this unsub is highly militarised and regimented," Aurora started "is there any way he is ex-army and just wants to lash out at the society he believes forced him to go to war for his honour?"

"It's a good thought Aurora but it doesn't necessarily explain his severe psychosis and fixation on satanic worship and cannibalism" Aaron said softly sitting on the sofa in the corner of her hotel room after the search party turned up a massive success (a body of another sex-worker was found to have been frozen leading the team to believe that the unsub was eating his victims)

"okay so have we looked at all the mental hospitals in the area?" she asked

"well yes! but one had a massive fire that caused all of the files to be lost - there are no records of any patients before the year 2000 which is far too late for us" Aaron started offloading while Aurora scribbled in her little notebook

"okay and are none of the current staff still working from before the year 2000?" Aurora said with her head still hanging and her hands still busy with the making of small and neat letters in her small book "I mean at least one person on their staff list must have worked there for a long time - and we have this guy's diary from the first murder so really they must recognise his treatment plan or something!"

she didn't notice his longing glance as she rambled or the way he was nearing closer to her until she felt the dip in the bed "Aurora Angelle, you are my favourite genius"

"And here I was thinking Reid held that title" she said as he pressed a chaste kiss to her lips

"it's always you Doctor Angelle" he said pressing another kiss to her forehead "always"

So the next morning the first thing that they did was go to the psychiatric hospital (Hazelwood hospital for the criminally insane) and speak with the head coordinator. "we know this man is from Bridgewater from our investigation of his safety zone and we know there is a high likelihood he was admitted here" Aaron began to explain as the doctor began to think of who would have been active at the time "we have found the journal of a patient who was admitted here at around the same time as our unsub would have most likely been here - the patient says that this man took a bite out of his nine year old sister and 'believes he was possessed by a flesh-eating demon'

"there was only one man here who was showing cannibalistic tendencies" the doctor said as he rose from his seat, running one hand across his face "His name was Floyd Feylinn Ferell and he was very dangerous"

"then why did you let him go?" Aurora asked - gaining a spiteful look from the doctor "if he was that dangerous why would you let him leave?"

"listen I know you're not from America, agent but you should respect our government" he said walking over to where she was sitting "he had turned eighteen and there was no way that we could legally keep him after that - his juvenile sentence only lasted until he turned eighteen. He had to leave"

"Doctor, my agent was only asking a question" Aaron said with a protective tone lacing his voice "we need to know all of the facts before we arrest Ferell - that is all"

"I'm sorry sir" the doctor said before busying his hands with papers

"don't apologise to me" Aaron said with a brief motion of his head - gesturing to the brunette next to him "you didn't offend me. you spoke out of turn to Doctor Angelle"

"I'm sorry miss Angelle" he said before turning away again and sorting his drawers

"I think we are done here" Aaron said as he placed his hand gently on the small of Aurora's back and began to walk out of the hospital, sharing reassuring glances as patients made loud noises that made Aurora jump ever so slightly