I Can Do That

I am auditioning for the A-troupe of The Next Step as my sister, Jude, told me how they are going to nationals and are doing something called the 'challenge' for new A-troupers. I am hoping to get on the team with her and Cleo as I have not been competitive for a year and am trying to get back into the swing of things. 

I see a dancer do a great straddle. (I'm not a dancer btw) 
"Oh, that was incredible." I comment smiling at them.
"Thanks." They say high fiving me.

Hey, I'm Daniella, known as Dani to most people. I started dancing with my older sister Jude when she was dancing to our parents in the living room and fell in love with it since then. I started off in lyrical and ballet but then moved onto hip-hop and contemporary, I have not been competitive for a while as I had an broken my ankle but now I am all healed up and ready to face anything. I have been known to judge people to harshly and am not scared to speak my mind. I also do some fight classes and play video games in my spare time. I also have always been with the music so I got voice lessons too and sometimes help Cleo with making songs for Jude.

"Okay everyone," The studio owner, Jude told me his name is Nick, calls out. "welcome to the challenge. Our new A-Troupe will have ten dancers and one alternate that will take us to Nationals. This is our dance captain and head choreographer, Cleo," He points her out. "and she's going to explain how the challenge is going to go."
"Ok, so, in round one, you're going to show us who you are and what you got in a freestyle solo." Cleo tells all of us. "Then there'll be some cuts and then in round two, we'll do a dance combo with a variety of styles. There'll be a few more cuts and then whoever survives that becomes the new A-Troupe."
"Yes." Nick says as we all start to clap.

Jude: I know that in my heart I want to keep A-Troupe the same as we should, however I want to dance on the same team as my sister and my friends however I don't think I can do both.

All of us are stood in a semi-circle around the auditions and I am starting to feel the nerves come back that cause me to break my ankle but I just shake it off as we being hoping it goes away. I cheer a lot for Jude so she knows I have her back and she is doing well. Right as she finishes I start dancing a pulling out my best moves and just putting my heart out on the dance floor, I can hear my sister cheering and almost all my nerves melt away.

I love so many styles of dance and I hope my solo shows off everything I can do.

I cheer for everybody else while they dance and then stand with everybody else all of B-Troupe are standing together so I can't talk to Jude so instead I talk to some people and learn some names, mostly Dylan from earlier, Xander, Jett and Anthony. Cleo comes out with Nick.
"Hey everyone, can you line up, please?" She asks and we all line up in an order. 
"Before we get started, I just want to say that you are all incredible dancers and this was a tremendously difficult decision to make." Nick says.
"We've made out selections." Cleo says sadly telling me not all her friends made it. 
"When I say your name, come over to this side of the room." Nick says. "Starting with Antony." He walks over. "Dani. Dylan. Ebby. Ethan. Hayley. Izzy. Jett. Jude. Lani. Pete. Sydney. Grace. And Xander." Nick finishes, I realise the friends I made today are all with me. "If you made it to this side of the room," Nick addresses our side. "Congratulations you're going through to tomorrow's choreography day." Myself, Antony, Dylan, Jett and Xander all group hug. "Everyone on this side of the room," He addresses the other side. "thank you so, so much for trying out but we're not going to be asking you to go through to the next round. But please, please, come back. We're going to be doing a new B-Troupe soon and we'd really like you to audition. We'll see you tomorrow thank you so much." Nick says before walking off. 

I talk to the group of four I made friends with and we talk about how to do the tricks we did when Jude walks over.
"Hey, new friends of yours?" Jude and Cleo ask as they sit with us in Middle C.
"Yeah we have so many interests in common." I tell them.
"Yeah like we all love video games." Xander says.
"And Dance." Jett adds.
"Bubble tea." Dylan says.
"And marvel." Antony says.
"How do you guys know each other?" Jett asks you guys.
"Oh well me and Dani are sisters." Jude says and Dani nods.
"Oh wow okay." They all say.
"See you tomorrow." She says waving and leaving with he sister.