aegon II

A maid who was giving him a look. He knows that look well. WIth a smirk, he began to make his way over to her. He needed this. He needed the release. His mother was going to make him throw himself out of a window before he even reached the age of maturity. He had worked overtime to make himself seem like the worst version of himself in front of every person he had come across. He even convinced himself at times that it wasn't an act.

It was fine, though. As far as he knew, Alicent wasn't touching Aemond anymore. But, he knew Aemond would never tell him if she was. Aegon could only hope that she decided he was the one to take her frustrations out on, not his little brother. He had thought that was their previous unspoken deal. He gets to behave however he wants, and she could take her frustrations out on him. Him. Not his siblings. He had never once thought she was getting physical with her other children. It was supposed to be him.

He was fairly sure she wasn't hurting Helaena. But, he was also fairly certain she wasn't hurting Aemond. So, when he wasn't actively making the people around him hate him, he was watching his sister interact with their mother through the corners of his eyes. He couldn't even explain the cold fury that iced over his blood as he watched his little sister flinch away from their mother. He had seen it before, but he always chalked it up to Helaena simply not liking to be touched. Seeing Aemond's interaction with their mother had shifted his perspective though.

His week was also spent avoiding Rhaenyra, who had decided they were going to be proper siblings. He didn't need that. He did believe that she wouldn't kill them. But, again, he also believed Alicent wouldn't harm her other kids. Aegon just wished she wasn't using Ser Criston on them like she did for him. Alicent would never strike her own son, you know. It's not Queenly. It didn't matter to Aegon. Alicent was still doing it even if it wasn't her own hand doing the swinging. He supposed that's how his mother kept her consciousness clean. He wanted to scream at her that striking your child wasn't the only way to physically harm them. That she was still hurting them by her own hand with her petty squeezes that left red skin behind. From this week alone, he had three new bruises littering his torso. Better him than his siblings.

So, yes. He needed this. His hand wasn't doing enough anymore. He needed this.

Which is why he almost screamed and cried in frustration when his stupid sister seemed to skip down the hall to meet him, completely ignoring the maid who had scurried away. He watched her go with the deepest frown he could muster before he turned to sister and snapped, "Must you ruin everything?"

She looked down the hall behind her, scanning the now empty hall, "I'm sorry. Was I interrupting your talking to nothing?"

Maybe his little sister needed to be hit. He sighed, taking a deep breath to calm himself down so he wouldn't act on that thought, "What do you want?"

She turned back to him and beamed, "It's supper time!"

He spared the sun a glance. She was right. He didn't know what that had to do with him though. He raised his brow at her, "Go eat, then."

He turned without saying goodbye and only took two steps before a hand grabbed his arm, "It's this way."

He did nothing but watch in surprise as his sister dragged him down the hall. She had no business being that strong, he noticed. The thing that shocked him the most was Helaena willingly touching him. He wasn't blind. He knew she hated him. He didn't mind it, though. It just made protecting her easier. She couldn't be upset with him for doing what he does if she hated him. It was the perfect plan, really.

But now she was linking her arm with his and walking them down the hall like they had been friends as well as siblings. He came to a halt, digging his feet into the ground when she tried to tug on him, "Where are you trying to take me? I'm afraid I don't see you that way, sweet sister."