aemond III

Aemond doesn't have a favorite color. He put so much thought into the question after it was asked. He went through each color with deep thought before finally deciding he didn't like one more than any other color. He didn't like green; that's all he found out. Green was his mother's color, not his. He absolutely hated that all of his clothes, and his sibling's clothing, was green. Everything. So, no. He didn't have a favorite color.

He couldn't deny his happiness, though, when he saw his sister had gifted him a red and black top, one to match his nephews. He also couldn't deny how much he liked seeing himself in the traditional Targaryen colors. Not that he would ever tell anyone that. It wasn't about the colors, he told himself. It was the meaning behind them. He didn't necessarily like red or black more than, say, blue or purple.

He never really thought about one color, though. It didn't even come to his mind as an option. It was the color that met his eyes when he looked across from him at the girl shoveling food into her mouth like she had never touched food a day in her life. It was only a flash of the color before he looked down to hide his smile. He didn't get a chance to think more about it before a chain of laughter was set off by Laenor.

_____________________________

Rhaenyra and Laenor had taken Aurora after dinner. The girl had frantically grabbed his sister's hand as she was being dragged away, forcing Helaena to go with them. He didn't think she minded. Aemond did want to speak to the tower dweller, but he was unable to. There was time, he told himself as he watched her be dragged away with a bright smile on her face. He just had to make sure his brother wasn't there.

So far, Aegon hadn't made any comments about her appearance, at least not to her face. He had spoken up the moment she was out of sight with Rhaenyra, Laenor, and Helaena, "She's a bit odd, isn't she?"

"Mother said not to be mean," Luke reminded his older uncle as the boys wandered the halls of Dragonstone, their new home for the time being.

"It's not mean. It's honesty. Rhaenyra would be proud of me for speaking the truth," Aegon told them.

Aemond tuned his brother and his nephews out as they walked, taking in his new surroundings. Dragonstone was, admittedly, pretty. It was a dark place, but the candles on the walls made it somewhat brighter. The natural light that streamed in through the open windows made for interesting shadow patterns to walk through. Dragonstone at night was a different story, though. The candles were the only things lighting the halls and rooms as the windows are shut during the night time. Dragonstone at night was hauntingly beautiful.

He doesn't know how long they walked around, just talking before Aegon threw his arm around his shoulders, "Was she everything you dreamed of and more?"

He threw his brother off with a groan, not even bothering to give him a reply, before walking quicker to get ahead of them. Footsteps rushed to follow him. There was a small nudge in his side.

"I think she's nice," Jace told him, keeping his voice low.

"I don't care," Aemond snapped at him.

He didn't. Why would he care what anyone thought? Jace shrugged, "I think it's pretty. Her skin. Blood. Whatever it is, it's pretty. Reminds me of a dragon."

Luke chimed in from behind them, "She is a dragon! Mother says she's family. That makes her a dragon. Like us!"

Aegon snorted, "We don't glow."

"You don't need to be jealous, Aegon," a voice sounded from behind all of them. There was a sound of surprise from one of the boys as they all quickly turned around to see who had startled them. The sound had to be little Luke, Aemond would put money on it. It would be funnier, to him, if Aegon had made the noise, though.