Chapter 4- charlies assistance

Charlie's Assistance

I didn't know whether to be thankful or worried when I got seated next to Fred at the table.
For the rest of the evening, he continued to send the occasional smile my way, but no direct conversation.

Though I did feel eyes on me when I walked, but I'd always get those, used to the fame that came with my love for quidditch.

Maybe sitting next to him, a table full of gingers, except me of course, would mean that we'd actually have a decent conversation.

It was a pretty fancy place.
It would be if the ministry had paid for it all, though I could tell that Molly was itching to cook.
It was like the woman didn't even want a break.

The food was definitely not as good as hers though.
I guess I know why everyone says she should become a professional chef.

By now I'd gotten sick of the lack of conversation between me and the oldest Weasley twin.
Deciding to be the first to comment, I set it off with a simple compliment.

"You look nice."

He seemed slightly shocked that I'd spoken to him.
I didn't get where this sudden attitude was coming from, normally we were great, exchanging playful banter and challenging each other to do dumb shit.

"Thank you?" He smiled in question, "you... you look nice too. Perhaps you should be a Ravenclaw, blues your colour."

"Nah." I shrugged, "reckon I'd look better in red."

"Did you have a nice conversation with Charlie?"

I looked at him oddly, "yeah he's nice. Got cut short by your eldest brother though. I do like Bill, he seems genuine, Y'know?"

Fred mumbled something under his breath I couldn't quite hear.
Taking notice of his frown, I did my best to cheer him up.

"To be fair though, I have to say that they're both a little too normal for me. Much prefer someone with a great pranking history and a jokester."
He looked up to meet my eyes, "though, course I did like them."

Fred shook his head, "no. I get what you're saying. They used to be like Percy, but less of the study-hard control freaks. Both head boys, quidditch captains, you get the picture."

This information hadn't surprised me either.

"Bet they can't pull half a prank as good as you though." I winked, ignoring the slight blush on his face as I did so.