Chapter 8- Smelled like shite

I was getting used to this 'Hogwarts life'.
Friends practically wherever you go.
Food cooked for you, and there was plenty of that, even with Ron at the table.

I think I'd settled in rather well.
It wasn't hard to really.
Everyone said hello to me, came up and had a conversation.
Everyone was friendly, even the majority of the Slytherins.

It was different to Beuxbatons.
There I had probably one friend, Fleur Delacor, who as nice as she was, was far too popular to spend proper time with me.
Plus she was a year older, making things all the more difficult.

Today would be my first potions lesson, and I was dying to meet the grease ball, or Snape, as the rest of the school call him.
Scratch that, everyone saw the thick layers of grease coating his head.

Operation 'prank Flich' was iconic! Couldn't have gone better.
The grumpy git came stomping into the great hall that night, face full of warts and oozing boils as he swore to avenge himself on the top of his lungs.

Im adamant Dumbledore spies on everyone.
He knows everything, that man.
And I could see his eyes glisten as he raised his brows at me, after seeing an angry Filch.

I'd get to the bottom of it.
Eventually.
See what the old man's hiding.

"Trying out for the quidditch team tonight, love?"

"That's the plan." I grinned, snapping my hands together as I rose from the couch I was sitting on.
I must have been waiting for the boys for at least half an hour.

He grinned, his freckled nose scrunching as he joked, "best not be trying out for beater though Wood. I'd whoop your ass."

I rolled my eyes, though a playful grin settled on my face, "oh I'd like to see you try."

"You're on." He winked. And somehow I felt the blood rush to my face. "I'll prove it to you. You. Me. Quidditch pitch. Lovely spot for a first date."

"Honestly Freddie." Shaking my head.

—————————-

"Fucking hell. Even the old gits classroom has grease-itus."

"You'll get used to it love." Fred chuckled, pushing the base of my back towards a seat next to him. "I don't think he's cleaned it since we've been here, god knows how long before that."

I scrunched up my nose as I took rest on one of the seats, grimacing as I slid down on the thick layers of dust.

"There will be no foolish wand waving in this class."

"Yeah Freddie stop waving your wand!"

Said ginger raised his middle finger at his brother, "I'll show you wand waving." He mumbled under his breath. Myself resisting the urge not to say 'please do' or 'go on then'.

"And who. Might you be."

I looked up to see the vampire himself, his face looking disgusted at what seemed to be even the presence of me.

"Y/N Wood, Professor." I attempted a smile, though nothing genuine. I was scared that the grease from his own head would drip on to my parchment.