Chapter 6- GRYFFINDOR

Gryffindor

Gryffindor

"Here eat this. It's chocolate."

Looking up, I thought I was hallucinating. Surely due to the result of a dementor attack.

But nooo.
The look in Freds eye confirmed that I was right in what I was seeing.

I had a reason for recognising the man.
That reason being, that he was the very man who me and Fred had decided to dye his hair pink and yellow.

Hilarious for us. Not so much for him.
Until this moment.
For I wasn't finding it was funny now.

"I..I... Thank you?"

The man smiled, he had a nice smile, a warmth or comfort to it almost.
The kind of smile that made you feel guilty, something that I could tell was happening to both me and Fred right now.

"What was that?" Ron exclaimed, listening with both fear and mild interest as he replied.

"That was a dementor. Horribly, nasty creatures they are. I imagine that they're searching the train with... well with Sirius Black being on the loose. "

I noticed a slight bit of hesitation in his voice. Was he scared of the man?
I mean, who wouldn't be, he's a murderer.
But I got the sense that it went deeper than that, making a mental note to possibly check that out one day.

"Now. If you excuse me, I think I'll have a little word with the driver."

The five of us exchanged looks as the man left.
Looks of disbelief if you will.

I shook my head as if to rid my thoughts of the dementor we had just encountered and of any thoughts surrounding the strange man and his chocolate.

Putting a brave smile on my face, I turned to the youngest three, "everyone alright?"
My gaze landed on Harry, seeming him shaking slightly and wanting nothing more than to be invisible by the looks of it.

Closing the door to their compartment, me and Fred made our way on a steady walk down the train.
Now becoming even more hesitant than what we were walking up in the first place.

"Are you sure you're alright?"
Looking up, I met Fred's eye, seeing the concern flashing through them as I did my best to smile as if nothing wrong.

"Fine Freddie. I'll be fine."

He slid open the compartment door, the two of us quick to let ourselves in and take seats on the bench.