Chapter 7- An idea.

An idea

An idea

The girls in Gryffindor house were rather nice.
Pretty welcoming.

Now obviously I wasn't permitted to sleep in the boys dorm with Fred, George and Lee, meaning that I'd have to sort my sleeping situation myself.

Now I had a bed, I just had no clue which one it was and which room it was in.
I hadn't exactly met any of the girls in my year yet, but I'd been told they were alright.

Another issue of mine, was that none of the boys could get up the staircase without it falling into a slide, which yet again meant that I was on my own.

Until a little accident was the cause of getting me where I needed to be.

Id collided with someone, coming around the tight, spiralled staircase.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" I was quick to apologise to the brown-haired girl. "I'm so clumsy."

The girl just laughed, showing off her white, yet slightly crooked teeth as he did so.
"No need to worry. You're Y/N, right? Oliver's little sister?"

I cringed, "yeah. I guess that's me."

"Great! I'm Alice! I'm gonna be you're new dorm mate! Speaking of, would you like me to show you to the room! I'm sure you're gonna love it. You can have any bed you want, just take your pick!"

She led me further up the staircase, my legs already killing me and the amount of physical exercise. No one liked that.

And then she stopped at an oak door, a shiny doorknob waiting to be twisted.

"We don't have keys." She explained. "The dorm automatically locks when anyone's in there, you know, so no one can get in without our permission."

It seemed to be a good idea. I wouldn't want anyone going through or stealing my belongings.

The room was small but cozy.
I certainly wasn't opposed to sleeping there.
There were four beds, each with large red curtains surrounding them, and little desks at the side of each one.

"Where do you all normally sleep?"
I know that they'd said I could have any bed, but I didn't want to intrude. And in all honesty, I didn't care where I slept.

Alice rubbed the back of her head with a slight laugh, "well you see... we're all big babies and get scared by the window." She said slowly, "so we kind of left that bed to avoid the window as much as possible.