Chapter 9. Interlude: Together

.....We all know Alex was going to check.....  ;)

Does including cheating technically! Alex is in AM's memories, but he wants the same thing.

It might get a little confusing because Alex and AM are kinda one and separate people. Tell me if its too much and I'll alter it! :D

Skip to the 4th picture for the action. :)

===============-------------------===========

 Alex felt the release of Isobel's power as she dealt with Max, but chose not to follow to wakefulness. She had warned him that keeping him sedated like this had a price - and he didn't need to imagine the worried, fretting Kyle waiting for him on the other side of this mental..box. But it was giving them answers.

Despite this, while they were gone, Alex sought other memories.

By the time they came back, he was listening to a memory of Guerin rhapsodizing about his universe theory...

==

Temptation is a strange thing. What tempts one person, will utterly fail to interest another. But the universal rule about being warned remained true.

With the risks in mind, Alex was still tempted to search AM's memories on his own.

Without the complete mindscape and Isobel's powers, sifting through memories was not a distant thing. There was a risk of the clear divide she had made, disintegrating and the memories blurring into one mess, but Alex was confident that wouldn't happen.

Because what he wanted to know hadn't happened to him yet, but had for AM, so he would know they were not 'his'.

Alex was highly aware of the details of his memories, a consequences of too many head traumas and a father a little too good at gaslighting for someone who also preferred using his fists as an exclamation point. And his long history of dissociation. Knowing where he was and why he got there was crucial for Alex.

And where he was right now, was not with Guerin.

He had tried for glimpses before, to learn of the things that AM knew fundamentally without a complete vision of the individual memory.  Facts primarily. Because Alex had always had a good memory for facts, for linking data. But now, he wanted that complete emotional experience, that immersion.

Because one of those glimpses had suggested that they had come back together. That he and Michael had made it work.

What Alex wanted the most, AM might have. A life with Michael.

Or did, since he was apparently dead and....had been...absorbed by Alex.

And what did that mean for other Michael?

Had he been absorbed by Alex's Michael? Or worse had his Michael been absorbed by the Jaeger world version? Or made some combination of them with screwed up memories and epic trauma?

How was Alex going to explain to Michael - the Jaeger one - that his boyfriend was dead and part of Alex now?

What was Alex going to do if Jaeger Michael was dead? He loved him. He was Michael, different but ultimately the same. And he loved both of them. And one of them might be dead.

What was he doing to do if....no. His Michael was just displaced, not dead. Never dead.

Michael was the love of his life, his soulmate and had been his reason for living for years.