Chapter 4.3: A Person Who Have Nothing, Doesn't Lose Anything

As I left Aya-chan and Shouya, I decided to go to Keyaki mall to buy the things that I need.

In case if you ask, I'm talking about stockings and pantyhose.

Shouya told me that he likes those things and so as a friend, I must wear it to raise my affection points.

That's what friends all about, right?

I think that's what it is I suppose.

A/N: It's Kitou's perspective so please be aware that you'll may see some pretty weird things like this one. She doesn't have a normal common sense like the majority afterall since she had been excluded from the outside world.

Anyways, as I entered a famous women's hosiery shop, a saleslady greeted me with a smile.

"Welcome. How may a help you, Ma'am?"

"Kitou is fine. I want to buy stockings and pantyhose for my friend."

"Do you know what are your friend's size, Kitou-san?"

Looks like she misunderstood what I said.

"Ah no. I'm the one who'll wear it, not my friend."

The saleslady seems confused to what I stated and so she asked.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I mean, the reason why I told you it's for my friend is because I want him to see me wearing it. He told me he likes those things."

She stare at me with disbelief.

Thinking that I might be messing with her, she asked to confirm her doubts.

"I'm sorry if I'm stepping out of the line and I know it's not my business but, is the person you're talking about is really your friend and not your boyfriend?"

Is there even have a difference between friend and a boyfriend?

While the word friend is for general, then I think boyfriend is used only for specific gender as well as the word girlfriend so I don't really understand what she's getting worried about.

Since Shouya is a guy, then it's correct to say that he is my friend and boyfriend at the same time.

"Uh yes. Is there something wrong with that?"

Although she doesn't seem convinced at all, the saleslady put up a wry smile and proceed on what she was about to do.

"I understood. This way please."

As she lead me to a specific section, I started to stroll around, carefully looking at the products they're selling, but none of them caught my attention.

I'm good at identifying what products have good qualities but I'm not confident about knowing a person's preference and so I asked someone who's professional at this.

"Do you have any suggestion?"

"May I know what type are you looking, Kitou-san?"

"High quality with affordable price. Also, the one that is pleasing to the eyes."

After pondering for a bit, the saleslady took something from the shelves and showed it to me.