two

"I heard they have butterbeer at some theme parks." She said smiling for the first time since meeting the boy.

He looked up in shock and stared at her.

"What?" She said flattening her dirty-blonde hair self cautiously.

"N-nothing."  He paused in confusion. "You're a witch?" He asked in a lower tone.

"I know we just met but that's not nice to call someone." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

"If you aren't a witch then how do you know about butterbeer?" He asked narrowing his eyes suspiciously at her.

"It's called: I read." She scoffed and raised her brows.

He stared at her for a little longer before he took another sip of his hot chocolate.

"What did you say your name was?" She finally asked.

"Regulus Black." He said sticking his hand out for her to shake.

"R-Regulus?" She asked as the color drained from her face.

"Yes, is that a problem?" He asked, putting his unshaken hand down awkwardly.

It suddenly all made sense to Axel. His grey eyes, the black hair, his dark circles. He was Sirius Black's younger brother and a Death Eater. What didn't make sense to Axel was that Regulus was still alive (and of course what the hell he was doing out in the real world). He died in the Potter series so she didn't get how he was sitting in front of her.

"You don't happen to have a brother named Sirius do you?" She asked hesitantly.

He nodded slowly and watched her.

"You know him?" He finally asked.

This time she shook her head and stared.

"I've got a spare room at my house if you need to stay there." He offered.

"I couldn't do that. Your mum will be furious that you brought a Muggle home." She said absent-mindedly.

Regulus stopped rummaging in his pockets for money and stared at her.

"You know about my mother? And Muggles?"

She realized what she said and nodded. Regulus slapped the Muggle money on the table and stood up. He grabbed Axel's hand and dragged her outside. He turned on the spot and apparated to number twelve Grimmauld Place. He dragged her up the front steps and through the door. All she could think to herself was how great it was that she managed to be kidnapped less than twenty-four hours into being on her own.

"Master Regulus?" A small voice spoke.

Axel looked over Regulus's shoulder and saw Kreacher the house-elf.

"Kreacher, I need you to say nothing about our guest to anyone." Regulus rushed out.

The elf nodded and Regulus pulled Axel up the stairs to the top floor of the house and into his Slytherin themed room.

"Alright then, what are you all about?" He asked closing the door.

"What do you mean?" She asked trying not to freak out that she was at the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix, a place she'd only ever imagined herself being in.

"You say you're not a witch but you know all of these wizard things and then you suddenly know about my possessive mother."

"I don't know what's going on but somehow all of these things from a series of books I read are coming true." She said looking down in confusion.

He stared at her for a moment before running a hand through his hair. No matter how the books portrait Regulus it wasn't until you experience it first hand that you realize how deadly his stare really is.

"I'm Axel by the way." She said taking a seat on his bed.

"That's a strange name." He said pacing.

"And Regulus isn't?" She asked smirking.

He managed a chuckle before turning cold again.

"What do you know about this mess?" He finally asked, sitting next to her.

"The Wizard War?" She asked.

He nodded and waited for her to continue.

"Well, I know Voldemort is rising... So many people have already lost their lives. You, you're a Death Eater. Your brother and his friends are going to be betrayed by Peter and well, Voldemort is making Horcrux's."

Regulus sighed as though taking in the accuracy of her words.

"I don't get how you learned all of this from books." He said standing and pacing his room again.

"I grew up reading the Harry Potter series." She said simply.

He stopped his pacing abruptly.

"Sirius' best mate, James, his wife is expecting," Regulus said.

"Regulus, I know we just met but I think that maybe, just maybe, we can change the future," Axel said putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

She realized that somehow she was placed in a pre-Harry Potter time in the Wizarding World. She could potentially stop Voldemort's rise before he killed James and Lily. Axel Bennett could end up as the savior of the Wizard World.

"Do you have any of the books?" Regulus asked.

She nodded and pulled the first book from her bag. Regulus took it and skimmed over it.

"Severus is going to teach at Hogwarts?" He said raising his brows. Of course, this is what he would take out of all that.

They sat together and Axel explained the Potter series the best she could until sleep took over. Regulus wasn't sure what he was facing but somehow he knew that it was for the best to listen to Axel. He took off Axel's boots and covered her with a blanket before he walked across the hall to Sirius' room. He would sleep there to give Axel privacy.