VIII

Axel had spent a week at Sirius' house and explained the start of her plan and situation to James and Lily. Sirius had been helping her planned and even agreed to be civil with his brother and Snape if it meant saving the Potter's.

'James' birthday party is coming up and I was wondering if you'd want to go with me.' Sirius said shyly as he and Axel sat on the couch.

Sirius admitted after a couple of days of knowing Axel that he felt like he'd known her for much longer.

'Is Sirius Black asking me on a date?' Axel asked with a chuckle.

'It depends, are you accepting?' He asked wiggling his brows.

'Perhaps.' She said smirking.

'Do you think we should get Peter ourselves or tell the Ministry?' He asked after a moment of silence.

Since they'd visited James in the hospital, Sirius was tense beyond control when he was around Peter.

'I think if we tell the Ministry we'll have to have proof beyond that of a random Muggle telling you.' She sighed.

'Well, maybe you can find out if he's got the mark. That'll have to be enough proof.' Sirius said in a determined voice.

'Why me?' Axel asked.

'Peter will have his guard down around you because he just thinks you're a Muggle. When he least expects it you have attack him and demand him to show you his arm.' Sirius said smirking at Axel's disturbed face.

'How am I going to get the guy alone?' Axel asked with narrowed eyes.

'You're a pretty girl, he'd die to be alone with you.'

Axel's jaw dropped. Sirius wanted her to hit on the slimy git, Peter Pettigrew.

'No way.' She said shaking her head.

'Axel, you need to do it so we can change the world.' Sirius said with slight desperation.

He looked into Axel's hazel eyes and she knew at that moment that she couldn't deny him.

'Fine.' She said letting out a deep sigh.

Sirius smirked and looked away.

'I've already invited him and the rest of the group over for dinner tomorrow night.'

'You toe-rag, you already knew I couldn't say no!' She said hitting him with a pillow.

He let out a chuckle and hit her back. Soon enough they broke into a full on pillow fight.

'Do you know what Peter looks for in a woman?' She asked once thy had stopped their fight.

'He's always gone for girls out of his league so you'll be perfect.' Sirius replied.

Axel felt a blush creep onto her cheeks. She got up and made her way to her room. Since she left she'd went back to her house only when she was sure her father wasn't home. She grabbed as much as she could with the help of Sirius but she didn't have anything nice to start with.

'Ugh, what will I where?' She mumbled to herself searching her dresser.

'This?' A voice said causing he to turn around.

Sirius stood in the doorway holding an elegant, formfitting, lace cocktail dress. Axel couldn't help but smile at the charming grin on his face.

'What are you talking about? That isn't mine.' She said still smiling.

'It is now.' Sirius said walking into the room and hanging the dress on the door.

Axel furrowed her brows in thought until she realized what he meant.

'I-I can't accept this.' She said hastily.

'Axel, you're going to save my world. The least I can do for you if put a roof over your head and buy you gifts.' He said crossing his arms.

She looked down and blushed slightly. A pang of guilt found its way into he stomach. What if she couldn't save their world? She pushed the negative thoughts away and enveloped Sirius in a hug.

'Thank you so much.' She said, still hugging him.

He hugged her back and played with her hair. They stood, hugging, until Sirius pulled back slightly and spoke.

'Why don't you try it on and give me a fashion show?' He said with a goofy smirk.

She rolled her eyes but obliged. He left her room and went to his own, waiting for her to come out.

'Ready?' She called from her room.

'Always.' He called back grinning.

She stepped out of her room and walked towards Sirius'. His was near the back of the house so she needed to go deeper into the house than she had before.

'You look flawless.' He said wide-eyed when she came into view.

'Sirius-' She mumbled incoherently about him flattering her.

'No, I'm honest. You look absolutely amazing.' He said putting a finger under her chin to force her to look at him.

She looked up and knew that her cheeks were a deep scarlet. She got lost in Sirius' eyes just as she did already so many times this week. After a moment Sirius began leaning in but she turned away.

'What are you planning on wearing?' She asked looking through his closet in hopes the situation would become less awkward.

The moment she kissed Sirius to calm his nerves she knew that she felt something more for him. From the way he had been acting throughout the week she began getting the feeling that he might feel the same. Something inside of her kept saying that all he wanted was for her to save James and once she did, he wouldn't care about her anymore. Another part of her insisted that she at least try and start something with him if they got to know each other for more than a couple of months, she wasn't the type to date someone she barely knew. The other part of her told her to just dive into the relationship, she knew more about him than he did afterall. She was conflicted and decided she would just let things go where they pleased and not where she directed them.