IV

'We've left for Death Eater business. If you wake up before we're back then you can go to this address and explain. I read the third book from that series of yours while you slept and you need to explain everything.

-R.A.B'

Axel smiled to herself when she saw the way the note was signed off. She always joked about being in the Potter world but never expected it to be true. Slowly, she looked at the address scribbled below. It never appeared in the books so she had no idea who or what she was being sent to visit. She stuffed the note into her pocket before walking to the entrance hall. She pulled on her black combat boots and her sweater before leaving the tall house that was on Spinners End. She wouldn't take her bag because she would be coming back not to long after. Studying the details of Snape's house she made a mental note of his house number before finally, she was off.

'Yorkshire Road?' She mumbled as she began walking.

She squinted at the street signs as she passed. Usually wearing glasses, she'd forgotten them in her old room which made the search all the more difficult. After walking for about twenty minutes, all unsuccessful on her search, Axel asked for directions.

'Next street over, Darling.' A tall police officer said smiling.

She thanked him and walked close enough to see that indeed the road was Yorkshire. She wasn't shy around new people but she didn't know who to expect when she knocked on the door. Hesitantly at first, she knocked on the door and waited. The townhouse was small and shabby. She waited a moment and was about to leave when the door opened.

'Hello?' The young man said watching her.

'H-Hello, my name is Axel Bennett and I need to have a word with you.' She said almost fainting.

The minute their eyes connected she knew who she was speaking to; Sirius Black. His dark hair was tattered yet flawless just as she imagined. His eyes were gray and drawing like Regulus' but most of all he had the stubble and dangerous look that made Sirius her favorite character since the beginning.

'May I ask what you need to speak to me about?' He asked narrowing his eyes.

She pondered how she would put it for a moment before she spoke words that she knew would lure him in.

'Harry Potter, James Potter's son.'

His eyes widened before he nodded and welcomed her into his small home. Axel walked in a began taking off her boots when Sirius bustled in after her.

'No need to take them off.' Sirius said obviously anxious about the topic.

She nodded before following him to the kitchen.

'Care for a tea? It's cold out there and you're only in a sweater.' He asked as he walked to the counter.

Axel accepted the offer and smiled to herself. Sirius was not much like his brother but some of the first things either of them said to her was about her sweater and the weather. She sat at the kitchen table and waited for him to join her before she spoke. He placed the cup in front of her before taking a seat for himself.

'Is everything alright with James and Lily?' He asked with slight desperation in his voice.

She sighed deeply before she met his eyes and spoke all that she could about the books. It only took a few moments for Sirius to finally comprehend the situation—sure, school was never his strong suit but it was clear to Axel that he was one of the brightest people she'd ever met.

'Peter?' He said more to himself than Axel.

He looked at her in disbelief for a moment before standing.

'This explains why the git's been leaving. He's been preparing to betray us!' He bellowed as he pounded his fist in anger on the counter.

Axel stared at him as he paced the kitchen. Unlike the other two, Sirius didn't ask for proof.

'A-Aren't you going to ask how I know?' She finally questioned.

He spun around and stared at her blankly before nodding.

'I've got these books that have the answers in a way.' She said looking down.

He didn't question her but merely sat across from her again.

'Why are you choosing to tell me all of this?' He asked in a calmer voice than before as if not trying to scare her off.

'Y-Your brother sent me.' She said not sure how he would take it.

He blinked before shoving whatever thought was in his mind away.

'Care to stay for dinner?' He asked.

She nodded and smiled a little. Sirius was in his younger years and she knew that they had to be around the same age. Why wouldn't she stay for dinner with Sirius Black? He began cooking a dinner for two, cracking small jokes every once in a while. As they ate they spoke more about themselves than the weird information that Axel seemed to hold. Axel felt almost like she had known Sirius for so much longer which in theory she had.