More of Shizu's past

As the group walked into the building, Shizu had a sudden chill crawl down her spine. A familiar sense of dread came over her. It felt like she remembered something from so long ago and rushed toward her. This feeling of energy was familiar yet stronger than the last time. Shizu found herself lost in thought as they drew closer to the meeting hall. Still unable to properly remember where this feeling came from.

      Milim opened the door for them all, not breaking it thankfully, and skipped inside. It didn't take long for Shizu to put together why she had a feeling of uneasy. At the end of the long table stood a clean, cut demon dressed in black. Golden eyes with red pupils and a sickly sweet smile. Of course! It was the demon she meet so long ago.

      When she and a large amount of heros where lured into a trap. This demon had been summoned by the Silver Wings heros to take revenge. Unknown to her and the other heros, the kingdom that lured them was under the control of a demon. Shizu barely escaped with her life when she fought them, only to have the demon in black "rescue" her. He agreed to give her credit for saving the kingdom, under the guide that she not mention he was ever there. Shizu had agreed to the terms, and yet, she is meeting him once again. Under the roof of someone she truly cares for.

      "Ah! It's good to see you back, Diablo. I'm surprised that you finished as quickly as you did," Rimuru said with a happy face.

      "Kuhehehe, it was merely child's play in taking care of something so simple. The kingdom of Falmuth has a new rule and is in alliance with Tempest," Diablo smiled with a bow.

      "Heh, well I'm glad that it's all under control," Rimuru chuckled with a slight sense of concern, but knows that Diablo is good on his word.

      It didn't take long for him and Shizu to make eye contact. His eyes widen slightly but merely smiled to her. As if saying, "long time no see, huh?" Shizu kept her gaurd up and her hold on Rimuru tightened. She couldn't say anything about knowing. That would break their deal and her soul would become his. She may not have a physical body, but this spiritual form can still be taken. What is she going to do if this demon tries to do anything? How would she warn Rimuru? All that can be done is just stay close and protect who she can. He is no regular demon.

      Raphael was able to keep up on the negativity between the two of them and quickly mentioned it to Rimuru:

Attention: there seems to be some conflict between Shizu and Diablo. It would seem that the both of them know each other.

      'I had a feeling something was wrong. I felt Shizu hold on me tighten slightly. I should ask one of them if they have any kind of history,' Rimuru agreed.

      He looked between the two of them, "Do you the both of you know each other? I'm getting the feeling that this isn't your first time meeting each other."

      "E-eh? W-well..." Shizu stuttered, not really sure how to hand this now.

      "Yes, you have it right, master," Diablo started. "It was some time ago actually. I had no idea I would meet her yet again. Let alone along side you. It's quite the story I have no mind in sharing with you. If that is what you wish of me to tell."

      Shizu was taken back seeing him answer so quickly.

      "Really? Now I really am surprised to hear about this. Did you serve her or work with someone that knew here?" Rimuru asked.

      "Allow me to tell and answer all your questions," Diablo smiled brightly then looked to Shizu. "I'm sure that alright with you, right?"

      Shizu only nodded, her grip on Rimuru going to normal.

      Everyone gathered around the table and Diablo prepared some tea. He told of how he had been called on by a dying hero that wanted revenge on a kingdom for what they did. It being so many years that happened. Diablo took thw soul of said hero and got to work on his task. It was there he ran into Shizu; who had been lured into a trap. He decided to play along and act as the enemy the heros were called to fight. It didn't take long for Shizu to then step in as the saving hero.

      After they fought and Shizu did a good number on him, he then acted so thou Shizu bested him. He left, now fully understanding what was going on. Shizu filled in by saying she was then brought to a place beneath the castle. There it was found out that the kingdom had been under come control by demons. The leader that had control of the king and arch-bishop were planned to awaken a stronger demon. They wanted to use the heros they had called to do so. Shizu was gonna be given the honor of being their first one sacrificed.

      "I had found myself in such a hard place, I feared that letting out Ifrit was my only choice. It nearly had been. Until he came back again," Shizu said looking to Diablo.

      "Kuhehe, I must say they truly did have weak gaurds. The demons summoned were as if I had killed flies on a wall. Then again, those humans truly had no clue what really power was," Diablo snickered. "I had arrived on time to save save her from death, master. I killed the bishop and king quickly. It had been easier to take out the high-horsed archdemon as well. Even know, I'm not surprising a demon from Red's family is so arrogant."

      "Y-yes, is that right?" Rimuru chuckled nervously. Not sure how to take that last comment.

Answer: Red is referring to the demon lord, Guy Crimson. Demons are part of colored families lead by a head demon. Diablo seems to be part of a family not of Guy's. Who's family is red. Both he and Beretta are part of the black demon family.

      'Ah, I see. So demons of the red family are seem as very arrogant and power driven. Makes sense after meeting Guy only once,' Rimuru thought, shuddering to himself.

      "Hehe, looks like my bestie has a great duo now working with him! Glad to see you both are getting along. Better than him and one-horn!" Milim proudly said, munching on some cookies.

      "I will say it was truly a shock to see and hear that this demon is now your subordinate. Please forgive me for becoming so cautious. It had been only natural for me to do so. Seeing how things ended between us both," Shizu said. "It is something to see how people we know tie us together."

      "I must say I found myself surprised as well seeing you once again. I had heard of what came of you once you came to my masters town. I am sorry to hear such a thing happened, but what shock that you gave yourself a spiritual form. Very impressive, indeed," Diablo smiled.

      "It wasn't easy, even with my years of being in this world. But I longed to return and see the slime that gave me peace once more. I couldn't be happier than I am know being with him," she smiled warmly, holding Rimuru close.

      "Oh come on! I'm not that special!" Rimuru said all bashful. His cheeks turning a shade of pink.

      "Hehehehe, Rimuru is all blushed with his new lady. Just remember to make time for your bestie and have fun with me!" Milim shouted proudly.

      "Kuhehehe, may such events to have happened while I was gone. I vow to keep you safe, Rimuru. As well as your lovely lady," Diablo said with a bow.

      The room was in all a buzz with Rimuru trying to get Milim and Diablo to stop teasing him. Shizu giggled at them welcoming her so openly. A massive wave of relief seeing that Kuro, now named Diablo, is on Rimuru's side. A loyal subordinate and broke the deal they've had for so many years. She wonders if Rimuru truly knows who this demon is. It had merely been a guess all that time ago. Yet it would seem that that answer may indeed by the reality of it. Still, so long as Rimuru has full control, she as no need to get herself worried.