𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏- 𝑷𝒚𝒓𝒓𝒉𝒊𝒄 𝑽𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒑𝒕. 𝟏

EDITED_

A pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat.

The night was silent; the city seemed to have frozen in time. Ladybug would have sworn time did not exist at that moment if it were not for the beating of her heart heard in her eardrums and the swoosh of air as she fell. No matter how much power she miraculously gave her, it could never defeat the force of gravity, and that was somehow reassuring.

Before she could reach the ground, she uncurled her yoyo and attached it to a nearby building, which projected right back into the sky. She repeated the process over and over again until she reached her destination. The top of the Eiffel Tower was beautiful that night, and it cleared her mind of all worries.

The silence of the night was interrupted by a loud bang that sent her into a disoriented daze.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

*****FLASHBACK*****

TW: blood, death, gore

There was damage and debris everywhere, some from the Akuma and some caused by the Miraculous Team. One could not go a few feet without almost tripping over the debris. Worse than the debris, though, were the people who lay sporadically across the streets and parkways. If you looked close enough, they almost appeared to be sleeping. Their bent angles, however, told a different story, and their cold, unyielding eyes were too unnatural.

If you stared long enough, it would almost take you to another world, one that was colder and darker in some ways. The heroes, on the other hand, could not have been distracted from their mission. They had to defeat Hawkmoth; there was no other option at this point because if they failed, all of these people were really gone. The children, elderly, parents, and even animals without a victory and a magic cure were all gone, and that was not an option.

Ladybug and Chat Noir were not to be found on the streets or in the park, on the rooftops, or even at famous monuments; they were in the Agreste Mansion's observatory. They did not know exactly where they were, though, because they had simply followed the Hawkmoth through Kalis' portal.

Their original plan had been to trap him in a location of their choosing, but something had gone wrong, and now they stood squarely against Hawkmoth, two against one, as it had been from the beginning. The only people left after the toxic wave had hit were those with Maraculi, but the rest of the team was busy after Mayura. Max had not been so fortunate for those who remained, which contributed to part of the location mix-up.

"Lucky Charm!" the ladybug shouted in a final defense! Chat's night vision was giving them an advantage, but not by much because of all the Miraculous holders' heightened senses. Chat blocked more blows from Hawkmoth as Ladybug thought of how to use her charm, but nothing was added together in her head.

In the end, all of their strength wasn't enough, and Chat could only sit and watch Hawkmoth take the earrings off an unconscious ladybug.

Chats p.o.v-

He just keeps coming, no matter how much I try to gain an advantage. He marches me down blow for blow; however, the man under this mask has had extensive fencing training. Block. Hit. Duck. Attack. Reorganize. The cycle continued for longer than I could even keep track of as malady looked for an opening.

By now, she would usually have an idea for her lucky charm, but I think the stress of it is too much right now. Once or twice, Hawkmoth got too close to her, and I had to lunge at him or even duck in front of her to take the blow. She always hated when I sacrificed myself for her, but it was always worth it. The world needed more ladybugs, and honestly, I did too.

For a split second, I distracted myself by checking on Malady, and that was all it took for Hawkmoth to gain the upper hand. The second I turned my head, he punched me straight in the jaw. Everything was blurry and wonky all of a sudden. Bright patches of white and color look like they clouded my vision; he must have used all of his strength in that punch. Even though I could feel my body giving away, I still stayed up, protecting ladybugs. Every second counts in a situation like this.

Ladybug p.o.v-

I could not think of a single thing to do with my lucky charm; how was a mirror supposed to defeat Hawkmoth? There was nothing useful in the room, no matter how many times I searched it with my eyes.

As I looked up from the mirror, a loud noise from the scrum containing Hawkmoth and Chat was heard. I watched as Hawkmoth's fist connected with Chat's face, and it did not look pleasant at all. "Hey, avoid the face, please; it's my money maker," Chat joked even through his obvious pain. He looked as though he would fall any minute, so I stepped into the fight, keeping my grip on the mirror tightly.

I would win this for us; I had no other option, not if I had to save everyone.

Hey guys, this story will probably be a long one, and the updates will probably be very random because of my crazy schedule; however, chapter two will be out within the next week.

Have a nice day or night!