Don't Forget to Call - Randy Bullet x Ray Mond

Tension was in the air as Randy and Ray finally said their goodbyes to each other. Everyone had turned their attention to the white haired male and the brunette next to him. They all wanted to hear him finally admit the truth, he had been hiding his emotions for too long. He wasn't ever the type to show his affection, not if it was serious, but he'd grown to adore everything about Ray. Her childlike energy gave him an extra spring in his step that he didn't know he needed. She was like perfection to him. Her silver eyes were staring intently into his blue orbs as they spoke. He wanted to tell her how he felt but he couldn't. Not with everyone watching and definitely not when she was leaving for a few weeks. He had to hold his emotions in, he knew that was what was best for him and the gang.

She adored Randy. She knew he was trouble and that he couldn't be tamed but she didn't want to tame him. His chaotic energy and 'bad boy' attitude was more than she could ever ask for. He brought another level of excitement to her life. She hated that he could be hurt and she'd never know but it was his life to play around with. Part of her didn't want to leave, she knew how hard she found it when she came back to Los Santos this time. She'd flown home for a few months after some family situations had gotten a little more challenging. She couldn't fix things when she wasn't there to actually lend a hand. She'd been back in Los Santos for three months but she had to visit home again. Her mother was struggling and she couldn't bare the thought of abandoning the woman who brought her into this world. Her flights were booked, she was leaving Los Santos at 4 the next morning and she didn't know when she would be back.

"I'm going to miss you most, you know that Randymundo!" Ray smiled softly, she felt tears brim her eyes but she held them back for as long as possible.

"I'll miss you too Miss Mond, but you can call me, anytime! Remember that!" Randy pulled Ray into an embrace and squeezed her tight. Ray was struggling to breathe but she didn't care, she needed this hug. She knew that Randy would always be there for her, he was one of the best things that Los Santos had to offer. "You'll tell me when you land and when you're home, right?" Randy whispered into her ear as he refused to loosen his clutches. Ray attempted to nod against his chest. All her thoughts of home and everything she was leaving behind began to overwhelm her, causing the previously held back tears to make a break for it.

"I- I should head to bed..." Ray sniffled, trying her hardest to pull out of the hug. She hated when people saw her cry and although she had every reason to cry, it still made her feel weak. "Got an early start you know..." Randy finally gave up, allowing Ray to wave goodbye to everyone who had been watching intently. She made her way to her apartment before blowing kisses to everyone around. She opened the door and disappeared from everyone's vision.

Randy's heart fell to the ground and smashed in pieces before him. He'd never been so hung up over a girl before but something about Ray was different. He wished he could tell her how he felt, but he couldn't the embarrassment if she didn't feel the same. It was obvious to the world that they both cared for each other deeply, they were just too stubborn to see it for themselves.

***

Several months had passed and Randy had fallen back into his normal routine. He was often seen driving around at high speeds, normally with a multitude of police cars attempting to keep up. He felt a smile creep on his face as he evaded them once again. Sometime about the adrenaline rushing through his veins made he feel even more alive.

"Randy, have you heard that Ray is back in town?" Ramee smirked as Randy pulled the car to a stop in the entrance of the cubby. The previous high that Randy felt had been crushed by such few words. It had been so long since he had hear from her. She always promised that she would ring him, she told him she would let him know she was home safe but he didn't hear a thing. The only reason he knew she was even alive is because April had heard from her. Randy felt like she had completely forgot his existence, that he truly meant nothing to her. His heart had been crushed to dust, he had no feeling of love in his chest. "Nah, don't stop me though mate, hee!" Randy tried to fake his happiness. He was hurt. Everyone was expecting him to ignore her, expecting him to get too busy dealing with the gang that she would slowly become a flame that was extinguished. When in reality it was her who abandoned him and let his fire fizzle out into smoke.

He leant against his car as the other boys slowly crowded round. They began talking about nothing of importance so Randy slowly zoned out. He didn't want to see her, he really didn't know how he'd react. Would he scream, would he cry or would he just walk away? He didn't want to make a scene, not in her first day back. He was adamant that he would walk away the second his eyes landed on her. He suddenly got dragged from his thoughts as a familiar set of arms wrapped around his stomach and attempted to squeeze him tight. He felt frozen, unable to move his body or react. He wanted to run for the hills but he couldn't make his body do what he wanted.

"Surprise! I'm back!" Ray squealed as she squeezed tighter. All her strength used up to have some effect on Randy. He felt cold, his anger slowly boiling over. "I can tell," was all that Randy could muster up to say. He felt Ray's arms drop in shock at the cold response, the boys around him watching intently. He promised himself he wouldn't make a scene, that's all he repeated to himself.

"Randy, what's wrong? Has something happened?" Ray quizzed, her bubbly energy turning quickly into a panicked state. "Doesn't matter. I'm going for a drive." He sulked to himself, attempting to open the door to his car. "No you're not. You're talking to me." Ray attempted to be stern but no one was falling for it. Her voice too high to assert any dominance in this conversation. "I tried talking to you, you ignored me. You never answered, you didn't even care." Randy spat. His words laced with venom. He was hurt. He was broken. He needed to say this before it was too late. "You promised me you would call. You didn't. You're a fucking liar Ray. I'm not playing your games again."