Feed Your Ego - Tommy Tate x Adam Ababwa x Dwayne Flores

Since Dwayne has been kicked out of the Mandem, Tommy didn't want to hear his name spoken. His name sparked an anger inside Tommy that no one had ever seen. His words would be laced with venom. His jaw clenched. His glare would burn through the skin of whoever spoke his name. You could say that Dwayne was dead to him, but that wouldn't be good enough. Nothing would be good enough.

Dwayne had made Tommy's life a misery for months. To those on the outside, it was just Dwayne's confidence that was verging on the edge of arrogance. To Tommy, it was incompetence and a lack of respect. Dwayne always knew best, he could never be wrong. Tommy had told him enough times, he had given him enough warnings. Dwayne did listen, eventually, but then he would fall back into his old habits. That was the cycle that kept happening, until Tommy broke it. He couldn't keep playing the silly game, he had too much to deal with.

"Yo T!" Adam waved to the leader as he stepped out of his apartment. "You busy right now?" "What the fuck do you think?" Tommy rolled his eyes. He really did wonder how most of these boys survived their day to day lives without him. "I'm taking you for a drive, hop in!" Adam unlocked his car and waited for Tommy to buckle the belt before driving off.

It was unlike Tommy to trust anyone else to drive. He didn't like the lack of control. He knew there was no way he could leave a situation. He had put himself into something that could lead to him being stranded. He had no idea where he was going and there was nothing he could do to stop him as Adam continued speeding down the roads, destination unknown. However, he was so done with looking after everyone and being the gang's father that he thought 'fuck it' and trusted Adam.

"So... you all good?" Adam tried to break the silence. It had slowly become tense in the car. He knew he was setting himself up for a screaming match but he needed to do it. "You, er, you seem well compared to, well you know, recently."

"Yes Adam, I've been stressed recently. But can you fucking blame me? Look at the shit I've been dealing with." Tommy growled. He knew Adam wasn't this oblivious. Adam was his second in command. He knew what was going on. He knew what shit Tommy had to sort. "I get it T, but you need to talk about..." Adam began while slowly pulling the car to a stop.

"I don't need to talk about shit! Don't start acting like you know what's best for me! No one knows what's fucking best for me." Tommy interrupted harshly. His words forcefully leaving his mouth. "You know what, it's fucking rich coming from you. You should be the one having my back, supporting me with whatever I choose. I chose not to talk, so let's stick with that!" Tommy slammed the door to Adam's car shut. If this was any normal day, he would have worried that he caused some damage but not today. He would have happily pulled the door off the hinges.

Adam gingerly got out of his car, knowing that this outburst was nothing compared to what was to come. "Okay, okay... I won't say another word. Let's just walk, in silence, I guess." Tommy did a slight nod of agreement as the two had started to walk from the car. It was cold out, but nowhere near as cold as the atmosphere that began to surround the pair. Adam had began to walk ahead, leading the way. Tommy smirked to himself, humouring the fact that someone was attempting to control him for a change. The surroundings weren't a commonly known place to Tommy, he allowed his eyes to take in the building that they were walking up to. The trees were showing signs of the changing seasons. The leaves fluttering in the wind, showing off their slight orange glow.

"Where are you even taking me? I don't recognise this place," Tommy finally broke the silence as they approached the door. As Adam placed his hand on the handle, he turned with a cheeky grin on his face, "thought you wanted silence." Adam chuckled slightly, proud of himself for holding the silence long enough but worried that his joke wouldn't land. Tommy stared blankly at Adam, his face not cracking slightly. Adam's laugh slowly felt nervous as Tommy continued to glare at the man blocking his entry.