1

"Hey! Watch where you're going, Black" James laughed. He rubbed his him with a sore face and unbuckled his helmet.

"How do you know my name?" his best friends sharp voice cut through the ice rink. James removed his helmet, ruffling his hair.

"What do you mean? We've been best friends for ever. You must've really hit your head" James said, finally turning around. Where he expected his best friend, there is a slightly shorter boy, dressed in tight black clothes. He his curls are tied back in a small bun and his face is covered in freckles. His face slightly resembles that of his best friend though. James must've hit his head real hard himself.

"You're not Sirius" he gasped. The other boy looked him up and down and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"No shit, dickhead. Now move, you're in my way" he said, sighing heavily. James removed the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand, but didn't move.

"What's your name?" he asked. The other boy rolled his eyes again.

"Black. Regulus Black" he said. James nodded and moved to the side just the tiniest bit. The smaller boy, Regulus Black, skated gracefully past him. James looked down at his skates. Figure skates. James looked around, but Sirius was nowhere to be found. He looked up and found him standing pressed against the glass of the cafeteria, waving at James. God, that kid was fast. Just a few minutes ago they had been on the ice. James rubbed his eyes before exiting the rink to find his friends. He dropped his helmet on one of the benches in the locker room and started untying his own skates, hockey skates. He carefully cleaned away the ice and dried them off before placing the protective case around the blades and swinging them over his shoulders. He grabbed his bag and his helmet and went straight to the cafeteria, which had a view on the rink.

"James!" Lily's voice sounded when he walked in. He smiled brightly as he approached her and gave her a brief kiss on the lips before wrapping one arm around her waist.

"Aw look at my favorite couple" Sirius said as he approached them. James let go of his girlfriend and embraced his best friend. They walk back to Peter, who has claimed a table already, laptop open, textbooks scattered all around him.

"Wormy!" James greeted him with a big smile. The smaller boy looked up and moved two fingers away from his head as a from of a greeting.

"How was your break, James?" Lily asked, curling up against him in their booth. James mimicked a big yawn to indicate it was very boring.

"How can Scotland possibly be boring mate, I'd kill to go back there" Sirius sighs.

"You were invited dude, you refused the offer because the tall basketball boy also stayed on campus during break. How did that work out for you by the way? Made any moves?" James laughed. Sirius had been living with him and his parents since he was sixteen and he was practically considered a part of their family now. Now, in university, James and Sirius were still roommates.

"I barely even saw him dude, I still don't even know his name" Sirius cried out. Peter looked up again, shaking his head, as he sipped from his hot chocolate.

"You are a disaster, mate" he stated. Sirius buried his head in his hands.

"God, I know Pete, I know."

"How was your break, dear?" James asked Lily, planting a kiss on the tip of her nose. Lily scrunched her face.

"Petunia and her husband are truly insufferable" she said, sticking her finger to her mouth and mimicked the sound of throwing up.

"Husband?" Peter exclaimed.

"Yupp, she got married last summer. Poor girl is only twenty-two and already stuck with that type of bloke forever" Sirius sighed, shaking their head.