3

Sirius almost gasped for air when he saw Remus walk their way. He wasn't wearing any spectacular or daring outfit, but Sirius just had never seen him in a button up before and god, he was so attracted to this boy. It was unbelievable and also quite embarrassing. James nudged him.

"Mate, close your mouth" he whispered in his ear and Sirius quickly collected themselves.

"You look great" they told Remus, who turned bright red and looked away, flustered. Sirius wanted to take his hand and hold him, but he felt that would be weird. He did however walk just close enough to Remus so their hands would occasionally brush against each other. It was so rewarding, finally being with the person they had been longing for for the past six months and Sirius wondered to himself why he had not made a move anytime sooner. They usually had no problem with getting whatever and whoever he wanted, but when it came to people he actually liked, they were a mess. Probably also because Sirius had not ever really liked someone. Found people attractive, obviously, but actually liked? No. They hadn't thought they even had it in them, actually caring for people. He was still surprised how he had earned so many great friends, because honestly, he didn't deserve them. Sirius had hoped he'd be free the moment they ran away from home, but his mothers voice followed him everywhere he went. The Potters were great people to live with, but every day Sirius had to live with the knowledge he had left his sister in that damned house. They often wondered what had become of her, they lost all contact with her at sixteen. Of course Sirius didn't regret leaving, he just regretted leaving Rev behind. Remus looked at them, obviously not blind to the fact Sirius was being very quiet, but Sirius did not feel like explaining his entire life history to him yet. Maybe after a couple of drinks, or after a few more dates, but Sirius completely closed off the moment they talked about their family.

"Are you alright?" Remus asks him and he nods.

"Just didn't get much sleep last night" they say, forcing a grin which seems to satisfy Remus just enough.

"You look great, by the way" Sirius noted, look Remus up and down again. The other boy's cheeks turned slightly pink, which Sirius thought was super cute. They approached their usual club, they went here most weekends because this was the most LGBT friendly one around. The bouncer greeted them and let them in without checking any ID, they came here often enough and it was clear he wasn't looking forward to kicking out already drunk students, so he basically just let everyone in. The club was already pretty packed, even though it was still early. It was clear everyone had missed their friends during Christmas break and was now making up for their missed time. Sirius greeted a couple of third years he recognized from the soccer team, one of which they had had an one night stand with last year, but they still spoke occasionally.

"How do you know everyone" Remus yelled at him over the loud music as James went off to grab them all a beer.

"Like you told me yourself, me and my lot are quite popular" Sirius grinned back. He took Remus' hand and dragged him over to the bar to help James carry the beers. It had been stupid of them not to drink beforehand, but Sirius had thought Remus might not want to spend any more time with them and it would suck for him if he was the only one sober, so they skipped pre-drinks. Both Sirius and James did carry around a flask filled with vodka and Marlene and Dorcas had brought Whiskey, so they'd be just fine. Still, they started with a round of beers just for the idea. The music was loud and Sirius felt great. They knew their make up was flawless and people were staring at him, but he was here with the boy he had been crushing on for months. He downed his beer as he danced with his friends and Remus, but Remus mostly just stood on the side, watching them. He dragged the boy with him to the bathrooms and offered him his flask.

"You don't go out much, do you?" Sirius asked him. Remus shook his head.

"We normally just stay in and mix our own drinks, my friends all have a rather expensive taste" he admitted. Sirius took a sip of the vodka himself, his face grimacing as the alcohol touched his mouth. He couldn't help but feel like he was drinking cleaning products. He had this exact same thought every time he drank though, so he just suppressed it and took another sip.