13

James was still not doing the best, but at least he had his friends. Sirius and Peter had been trying to support him the best they could, even Remus had reached out to ask about why he and Lily had suddenly broken up and comforted him afterwards. Everything was just alright. He didn't feel exceptionally bad but also not exceptionally great and that scared him. Because while of course it was nice, not feeling everything to it's extent, James also knew it wouldn't last. Moments like these never lasted and it was just a matter of time until he bounced back one way or the other. He'd be either sucked into a bad depressive episode or he would be manic dragged into mania and become a danger to both himself and the people around him. Except, James didn't have the time to think about his own emotions, or at least, he didn't give himself the opportunity for it. He had not seen Regulus for a few days and that concerned him. He had typed out (and deleted) so many texts, walked past the rink a few more times than necessary and dinner was one big disaster of James looking around the great hall to catch as much as a glimpse of the black curls he liked so much. But it was no use, Regulus Black was nowhere to be found. Neither was Remus, by the way. Not since last week. Even Sirius didn't know where he was.

But right now James did not have the time to look for Regulus, right now he was on his way to doctor Frank Longbottom. He knocked on the door of the little office and stuck his head inside.

"Frank?" he asked. Frank looked up from his computer, placing his glasses on top of his head.

"Hello James" he smiled, and motioned for James to come in.

"Hello" James said, nervously sitting down on one of the chairs. Today was supposed to be a big day, a good day. Doctor Frank did a few tests with James' leg and honestly, it didn't hurt at all anymore.

"Yes, I think you'll be fine to slowly build up skating again" Frank said. He placed his glasses on his nose and typed a few things into his computer. James' eyes widened.

"Really?" he asked enthusiastically. Frank nodded but raised his finger.

"Keyword is slowly, alright James? Don't over do it and if anything starts hurting again, come see me immediately" he said sternly. James bit his lip to repress a smile and nodded.

"Yes sir" he said. Frank burst out laughing.

"Don't call me sir, please" he smiled.

"Alright, Sir" James teased. Frank shook his head and rolled back to his computer.

"I'll see you in two weeks, alright? But don't hold back on stopping by if anything is wrong" he said. James jumped up and flapped his hands in excitement.

"Yes. I'll see you. Thank you. Bye" he said and rushed out the door. He wanted to get to the rink as fast as possible. James couldn't wait and was obviously not watching where he was going so it wasn't surprising he ran into someone full speed.

"For fucks sake, watch where you're wa- Oh. It's you"  Regulus' voice sounded. James heart made a small jump.

"Hi" he gasped. Regulus looked him up and down and James did the same. He raised his pointer finger and pointed at Regulus' head.

"Your hair. It's gone" he stated. Regulus raised his eyebrows. Where the last time James had seen Regulus, the boy still had his long curls, the curls were now only visible on top of his head, sides shaved.

"Really? Hadn't noticed" he sighed. James bit his lip, stupid comment.

"I like it" he said quickly to which Regulus turned red and looked away quickly.

"Thanks I guess" he mumbled. James bit his lip and hesitated for a second.

"A-are you free right now?" he asked. Regulus looked up at him with a questioning look.