2

Regulus Black, or Regulus Lestrange, kept James up all night. Who was he and why was he so set on making sure James wouldn't mention him to Sirius, who he had called his brother?

"Sirius?" James whispered, checking if his friend was still up, which, of course, he was.

"Yeah?" his friends voice sounded from the other side of the room.

"You only hav- had a sister, right?" James asked. He was unsure if it was a good idea to ask this, Sirius usually closed off when someone asked about his biological family.

"Yeah? Why?" Sirius answered.

"Eh, nothing, just asking" James responded back, turning over to his back.

"Prongs, you've been turning around in your bed all night and now you're asking weird questions, what's up?" Sirius asked, turning on his bedside light. James took a few seconds to let his eyes get used to the light, looking to the blur that was his best friend. He was too tired to put on his glasses. The blur moved and Sirius was now sitting up.

"No really, there's nothing. I was just thinking, yeah?" James said. He heard Sirius shift in their bed.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" Sirius said. James sighed, Regulus voice sounding in the back of his head.

"It's just, I ran into someone who looked a bit like you but I probably saw it wrong" James lied. Well, it was only half a lie anyways. He knew Sirius would be frowning right now.

"Alright" he sighed.

"I'm just going to take a walk, I think. Can't sleep anyways" James said, grabbing his glasses. He threw on a sweatshirt over his tshirt and got up. It was winter and a sweater and sweatpants would be no where near warm enough, but James was used to being on the ice, so a bit of winter air he could manage.

"Alright mate, just try and catch some sleep later" Sirius sighed, also standing up. He grabbed some left overs from the refrigerator and sat down on their shared couch.

"Why can't you sleep?" James asked, eyeing Sirius suspiciously.

"Just thinking about Remus, did you know he plays bass? How can one be any more perfect" Sirius sighed and James shook his head laughing.

"You've got it bad for someone you don't even know" he said. Sirius grimaced.

"Don't remind me. Stalking his instagram makes me feel like I know him, though."

"You are unbelievable" James said, stepping into his shoes.

"I know" Sirius replied as James left their dorm. James had no idea where he was going to go, usually he just wandered around for a bit until he found somewhere nice to sit. The rink would open in an hour, he could also wait there, but that meant he had to go back now to gather his stuff, and Sirius would definitely stop him from skating that early. No, he had to go back home in an hour, sneak back in and hope Sirius would be asleep. It was officially Saturday now, meaning he could also just sleep in and get some rest before going out in the evening, but James really could not sleep. Sometimes James missed living with his parents. He had been going to a boarding school since he was eleven years old and it had taken him almost years to be comfortable enough to fall asleep there. His friends made it feel safer but James still had a hard time. By the time he had really gotten used to it, they were off to uni already. The only times he slept amazing were when he was with Lily, when he was home, or when he had alcohol in his system. He couldn't go home right now, Lily was having a girls night and he couldn't drink if he wanted to skate in about an hour. And so he just walked around a bit. Sure he had missed his friends over the break, but the campus was something he'd never really miss. The only nice part was the great hall, the rest of it were just concrete boxes. It was truly depressing, but at least the sport complexes were nice. This was, after all, the best uni in Great Britain if you wanted to combine sports with school. The people at this school all practiced sports at a high level, some even reached olympic level and were offered a different selection of classes. Scouts often came looking at games and James biggest dream was to be scouted for an American team, since ice hockey definitely wasn't as big in England. James sat down on one of the benches at the start of the small park bordering the campus. He looked up to the stars, finding Sirius with ease. His friend has shown him his star so many times. James' gaze went over the other stars and stopped at the brightest star of the Leo constellation. He had done quite some research about stars over the past hears, he even took astronomy at his high school. So he knew exactly what star this was. Regulus. It couldn't be a coincidence he, Regulus Black was, just like Sirius, after the brightest star in a constellation, but as far as James knew, Sirius only had a sister, whose name he could not even recall. She had stayed behind when Sirius left, stood by as Sirius was being beaten by their mom, never did one thing to protect Sirius from the abuse. Sirius hated his sister and if they had a brother, James was sure he'd known about it. He tried to type Regulus' name into his instagram search bar, but nothing came up. He did, however, find Remus' account. James could definitely see what Sirius saw in him, he was tall, good looking, and like stated before, played bass guitar. He had a highlight on his profile dedicated to books and one to music. James pressed the follow button, not really thinking about how weird it'd be for the other boy to receive a follow notification at this time of night, but surprisingly enough, Remus almost immediately followed him back. James let out a small snort at this, clearly someone else could not sleep either. He checked the time again and decided it was time to head back to his room.