03

"are you into gina?" jace asks ricky with a serious face. stella had left the apartment a few hours ago. now the two boys were sitting on the couch watching The Parent Trap.

ricky faced him immediately, "no. why do you ask? you into her?"

jace gave him a face, "why so defensive, richie?" he laughed throwing a popcorn at him.

"but to answer your question no, i've recently started going steady with someone"

"who the hell still says 'going steady'"? ricky laughed — probably louder than he should've, considering it was 3am.

"shut up" jace hit his shoulder and laughed with him.

soon enough the two fell asleep. that is, after they belted the end credits song.

**

"i'm gonna do it, gi" nina said confidently as she walked into gina's room.

"do what?" gina slipped on her shoes.

"i'm going to ask him out today!" she has such a bright smile on her face.

"so bold of you neens!" gina faked a laugh. she hoped nina wouldn't notice.

"you alright?"

"just stressed."

"hmm... if you say so"

**
gina felt her palms begin to sweat and her face turn a crimson color.

"answer the question gi!" nina nudged her arm a bit.

"i don't like anyone- i swear." she was a terrible liar. no one at that dinner table believed her. well, except maybe jace.

"just let it go" stella said rolling her eyes, she could see the discomfort in her face.

"fine fine— what about you, nina?" even jace, as oblivious as he was, knew who she was into.

"oh i don't know.." she let out her flirty laugh, the one that always worked.

"come on! be serious, we know you're into ricky" jace laughed.

ricky nearly choked on his drink. what was this buffoon doing? nina's eyes were as wide as can be.

"is it true?" stella asked, seeking confirmation.

"maybe.." she looked to ricky with hopeful eyes. his eyes grew large, he glanced at gina slightly before looking back to nina.

"i wasn't planning on asking this way but.. will you go out with me, ricky?" she smiled. he had no idea what to say.

on one hand, nina was a great looking girl. but something about gina attracted him. he found her intriguing. but for whatever reason, he said, "yes."

gina's eyes were blank. she could feel stella staring at her, but she ignored it.

regardless of wether or not ricky knew, gina knew there was no going back. ricky was nina's now.

______________________
IM BACK !!! it's been a minute💀 how are you guys????? how's summer???

gonna try writing again let's see if i actually go through w any books this time 😭

no idea who's gonna read this but since the teaser is coming out tmrw i thought i'd start w my rina book again🤞 longer chap next time luvs