07

[ a few weeks later ]

"it's been like a month since we've all hung out together!" jace exclaimed.

"oh come on, it hasn't been that long." ricky scoffed as he grabbed a water bottle from the mini fridge.

"you and nini are attached by the hip at this point. honestly, how are you not failing any classes at this rate?" though jace was being genuine, ricky still let out a chuckle.

"ok, ok. i heard stells and gina talking about going out for milkshakes this weekend. we'll join." ricky still had to check with nini, but why wouldn't she say yes?

"gosh ricky, you sound like some old married couple." jace was frustrated. he missed hanging out with his best friend. they hadn't had a real conversation in what felt like forever.

ricky sighed, he hasn't meant for any of it to get this deep. he missed his best friend too. he just didn't seem to know how to say no to nini.

"okay, i'll let stella know."

**

"can you check my phone, gi?" stella yelled as she dried her hands in the restroom.

since nini had been majorly ditching gina, stella and gina have become very close. gina's grown to enjoy the girl's company.

"no problem!" gina yelled back, going for the phone.

jace 🤍

hey babe
ricky agreed to comeeee
what time are we meeting??

gina's eyebrows shot up. BABE? what? did she read that right? were they...

"gina...? hello?"

"um..." gina wasn't the best at handling secrets.

stella made her way to gina, taking the phone from her hand.

"oh.." stella's mouth opened slightly. she should probably set a password.

"did i read that right? are you two..?" gina couldn't even form the words. were jace and stella really secretly together? if so, why hide it?

"you promise you won't tell ricky?" those were the first words to leave stella's mouth.

"i won't. i promise. but why is it a secret...?" gina was genuinely confused. she felt sort of bad for ricky, weren't they all meant to be best friends?

"we just thought it was best. we didn't want ricky to feel uncomfortable. we used to be a group of four...but that didn't end good. ricky was gut wrenched after that. i don't want to ruin what the three of us have because of jace and i." stella sighed as she finished, they'd put themselves in such a tough situation.

"it's okay, stella. you guys did what you thought best. are you planning to tell him?" gina gave the girl a slight side hug as she asked.

"when we're married?" stella laughed as she spoke.

"oh so it's that serious?!" gina giggled along with her.

"i really love him."  stella had a gleam in her eyes; one that gina had never seen.

"awww! stella! you're in love. is he just as down bad as you are?" gina questioned as she sat them down on her bed.

"yes.." stella's cheeks changed to a light pink color.

"AW!! when did you start dating? NO, when did you know you liked him? did he like you first— i hope you know i'm never going to stop asking questions." gina was an absolute hopeless romantic, she was enjoying every second of this.

gina had learned to accept stella, but in the back of her mind, she still wished it was nini.

______________________
DID U GUYS SEE THE RINA CLIP??? I DIED☺️☺️