Chapter 2: When the Whistle Blows The Game Begins

Hope closed her eyes for a mere moment, taking in the loud screams and cheers from the people around her. The day she had been waiting for since the start of the school year. The reason her body burned with excitement, and itched to break a sweat.

Each breath, each thumbing of her heart was music that became faint as her name filled her ears.

Then her eyes burst open, a feeling of anxiety and chills. Her once relaxed and peaceful state of mind was broken. And it was all thanks to the name that soon followed hers, like a battle between the two, getting louder, angrier.

"LETS GO JOSIE, LETS GO! LETS GO JOSIE, LETS GO!" over and over, the crowd never once stops to say a different line, or move to a different beat. "LETS GO JOSIE, LETS GO!"

She shook her head, as if it would shake away the noise, the name, from her head. But nothing. She rolled her eyes, as she watched the other school's soccer team march their way into the soccer field.

With their yellow and blue uniforms, hope couldn't help but laugh at the (as lizzie would like to say unfashionable color scheme.) But that's not what made her eyes stick to them like a fly caught in the web. No, what became her trap was the person in the center of the team. The girl smiled wide as she waved to the crowds in the bleachers high above with not one, but both of her hands.

Hope only scoffed.

"Didn't know the circus was in town" hope raised a brow, watching as the young girl walked towards the center of the field where she was patiently waiting.

"Oh I did. Once I saw you hop off the school bus I knew the clown show was the first to perform. Kinda sucks, here I was hoping for a challenge. Though, considering how your whole team is a joke..." Josie paused, now turning to face the older girl in front of her. Their height difference made Josie chuckle a bit, leaning closer, almost lowering herself to mock, and reach eye level with the shorter girl.

"Well, well, well if it isn't Josette Saltzman" lizzie was next to walk to the center of the pitch arms crossed.

"Elizabeth Forbes" Josie smiled, not once taking her eyes off the girl. "Ready to lose, yet again... But" Josie leaned back. "Considering tomorrow is your birthday, Hopey, I'll make sure to go easy on you. Consider this my gift to you."

"Well you can keep your gift. This time it will be me watching you leave the pitch with your tail tucked between your legs"

"You would know all about tails between legs"

"What's that suppose to me"

"Wroof Wroof" Josie mimicked a dog-like sound.

"What did you--"

"Josie, what are you wearing?" Lizzie cut hope off, placing an arm in front of the older girl. Trying to prevent a fight before the game even starts.

"I'm sorry" Josie blinked.

"No, that outfit is sorry, what are you supposed to be some kind of... ball of sunshine. Is this a Salvatore school thing? I thought you hated your school. Or is it some kind of statement." lizzie said, looking at the brunette, eyeing her up and down. Josie just stared at the blond blankly.

"No"

"Well it says sunshine hobo to me" lizzie sighed.

"Unwashed Sunshine hobo" Hope chimed in.

"Really I do n--"

"Alright ladies, let's have a clean game. 45 minutes each half. Salvator boarding school has the right side while Mystic High has the left in the first half. Coin toss to see who starts. Stallions because you won last match, your call. Ready and"