Chapter 16: At A Crossing in The Roads

Josie looked at hope, waiting for the answer she knew she would never hear. And she was right. Hope opened her mouth, ready to speak, thinking hard about the words she wanted to say. But nothing. Not even a sound. Josie smiled slightly when Hope closed her mouth, and turned her head looking away.

"It's okay." Josie nodded. "Anyways, tell chicken boy that he has to wait for the fight. I have to do go, ladies room and all" she laughed.

"Not running away, are you?" Hope raised a brow.

"I never run away," Josie shrugged her shoulders, pushing herself away from the balcony rails. She gave Hope one last glance before walking back into the ball room until vanishing, getting lost into the crowd.

Hope took a breath deciding now was the perfect time to get some air. More than she was already filling her lungs with. It's not like anyone would notice. Not now anyways, where the party is reaching its peak. The music was getting louder, and the ball room was now getting hot with the many bodies dancing all about. Despite the parties true intentions, she was glad everyone is having fun.

With that she walked down the balcony stairs, and once her feet touched the grass she ran.

And ran.

And ran.

And ran until she reached the edge of the woods, and before she knew it she felt the need to shift. Her body ached and an itch grew. She stopped, taking a deep breath before she took off her mask, then her jacket tossing it behind the tree next to her. She didn't even have time to unbutton her dress shirt when a familiar scent tickled her nose.

'Josie' Hope thought. Keeping quiet she took slow soft steps, following the scent of lavender. It was getting more and more intense, and hope knew she was getting closer.

She peaked her head over the over grown bushes, seeing the girl thats been on her mind walking the empty streets.

'What the fuck are you doing here.' she said to herself, scratching the side of her head with her nail. She swore Josie left the party an hour in. There was no way she was barley walking home. Hell there was no way she was barley at the corner, two blocks from the Mikaelson home.

What was even more strange was the outfit she was wearing. Regular jeans and jacket. Not her dress from earlier.

'Did she go home and change?' Hope thought. 'Was she on her way back? Did Alaric let her attend the party again?' So many questions plagued her mind. But instead of shouting her questions into the world around her, she stood quiet. Watching the girl continue walking, only to stop when Hope leaned in a little closer accidentally stepping on a twig and snapping it when she lost balance.

Hope tried to stay quiet, but Josie had already turned her direction. Yet Hope didn't move. She was thankful her short height hid her away from view. Or so she thought.

She felt a soft tap on top of her head.

"Owe" she muttered, still trying to be quiet.

"What are you doing?" Josie asked, looking over the bush, seeing a crouched down Hope.

"oh just inspecting the leaves." she cleared her throat, touching the bush leaves. "Yup, those are leaves."

"That position Ivy." Josie stated-matter-a-factly.

"It is?!" Hope jumped back, trying so hard to get away. She looked at her hands, then at Josie. She ran to the girls side, wiping her hands all over the younger girls jacket.

"Eww Hope stop!" Josie tried to pushed Hope away, but Hope wasn't giving up. She continued trying to wiped her hands cleans. "I was kidding" Josie laughed trying to get control of the situation, or at least not get dirty with whatever Hope's been touching.