Revelations and Heartbreak

Meanwhile outside with Kari, she is on her way back into the cottage...

Hikari 'Kari' Yagami/Kamiya: Cousin Mimi?

Back inside with the three good fairies, Mimi notices the mop is still in effect.

Mimi Tachikawa: Good gracious, who left the mop running?

Yolei suddenly gasps at the realization that in her disagreement with Mimi, she forgot all about cleaning up. So, she made a move to fix this.

Miyako 'Yolei' Inoue: Stop, mop!

She zaps the mop back to normal and all magic leaves it. Kari walks in just in time to have missed her 'cousins' almost being exposed to her as fairies.

Hikari 'Kari' Yagami/Kamiya: Cousin Mimi, Catherine, Yolei?

Kari does not notice it, but she leaves the top of the front door open just long enough for Laylamon's spy, Demidevimon, to listen in on wherever the conversation might head.

Hikari 'Kari' Yagami/Kamiya (continued): Where is everybody?

But when Kari sees the dress and the cake, she is just too elated. The three good fairies take Kari's elation as their cue to surprise her on this special day.

Mimi Tachikawa, Catherine Deneuve, and Miyako 'Yolei' Inoue: Surprise! Surprise!

Catherine Deneuve: Happy Birthday!

Hikari 'Kari' Yagami/Kamiya: Oh! Oh, you darlings. This is the happiest day of my life. Everything's so wonderful. Just wait 'till you meet him.

Catherine Deneuve: Him?

Miyako 'Yolei' Inoue: Rose!

Mimi Tachikawa: You-you've met some stranger?

Hikari 'Kari' Yagami/Kamiya: Oh, he's not a stranger. We've met before.

Mimi is the only one brave enough to speak up about this meeting of sorts.

Mimi Tachikawa: You-you have?

Yolei finally speaks up, too, but it's not too positive what she has to say about it.

Miyako 'Yolei' Inoue: Where?

Hikari 'Kari' Yagami/Kamiya: Once upon a dream.

Then, Kari starts to sing and dance.

Hikari 'Kari' Yagami/Kamiya (continued): I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream...

Then, she takes Catherine and starts to dance with the French-accented blonde. Kari continues to sing along with her song in her own little dream world, but Catherine, Yolei and Mimi are...

Catherine Deneuve: She's in love.

Miyako 'Yolei' Inoue: Oh no!

Mimi Tachikawa: This is terrible.

Kari does not see what the three of them mean by the idea of her being in love with someone being terrible, however.

Hikari 'Kari' Yagami/Kamiya: Why? After all, I am sixteen.

Mimi sees that they clearly need to explain why it is a terrible matter if she is in love.

Mimi Tachikawa: It isn't that, dear.

Catherine Deneuve: You're already betrothed.

Hikari 'Kari' Yagami/Kamiya: Betrothed?

Kari knew what being betrothed meant, but she did not understand who she would be betrothed to or how long.

Miyako 'Yolei' Inoue: Since the day you were born.

Catherine Deneuve: To Prince Takeru Takaishi, better known as Prince T.K..

Hikari 'Kari' Yagami/Kamiya: But that's impossible. How could I marry a prince? I'd have to be...

Miyako 'Yolei' Inoue: A princess?

Catherine Deneuve: And you are, dear.

Mimi Tachikawa: Princess Hikari Yagami/Kamiya, better known as Princess Kari.

From his perch on the doorsill, Laylamon's spy, Demidevimon, heard the whole entire thing.

PicoDevimon/Demidevimon: So, that's her these days?

Mimi Tachikawa: Tonight, we're taking you back to your father, King Susumu, and your mother, Queen Yuuko.

Mimi, Catherine, Yolei, and Kari are all unaware of Demidevimon's presence at their cottage, and they will remain unaware that Laylamon's number one pet spy has ever stopped by their cottage because as soon as he has heard all of the information from them, he flies back into the sky and off to tell his mistress, Laylamon, all about it.

Meanwhile, Kari feels completely heartbroken.

Hikari 'Kari' Yagami/Kamiya: But-but I can't. He's coming here tonight. I promised to meet him.

Mimi Tachikawa: I'm sorry, child, but you must never see that young man again.

But Kari refuses to accept her own heartbreak.

Hikari 'Kari' Yagami/Kamiya: Oh no, no. I can't believe it. No, no-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho.

Kari runs up to her bedroom, sobbing like a child.

Miyako 'Yolei' Inoue: And we all thought she'd be so happy.

Kari spent the rest of her time upstairs sobbing on her bed.