Chapter One

Miriem

When I heard about an explosion that decimated a Piltover penthouse apartment, I will admit it took a while to figure out the cause. I mean, I kind of had a suspicion that it was somehow related to the Undercity, considering Piltover is known for being quite dull; all noblemen and proper attire and working business people who wouldn't dare cause such a stir. Prissy assholes if you ask me.

A lot of people could be at fault for this, and realistically all of them were from the Undercity. Tons of people down here go topside looking to steal stuff that they can trade off or sell when they get back to The Lanes. Those are really the only individuals from the Undercity that visit topside, so that tells me that someone from The Lanes most likely had a job in Piltover and caused a scene when running away where one thing led to another and a building got blown up.

There are only a few people that I know of that are ballsy enough to take on a job in such a wealthy area in Piltover, so that really narrows the suspects down. And after hearing about a dispute that happened between Deckard -a well known street rat from the underground- and a group of Vander's kids, it was pretty easy to put two and two together.

Vander is the man who "runs" The Lanes, he basically built it from the ground up and prides himself in keeping order down here. Well, more so recently. You see, he and my father (we'll get into daddy dearest a little more later don't you worry sweetheart) used to be so close that they considered themselves to be brothers, and they made it their mission to fight back against the neglective ways of Piltover, that is until something in Vander changed.

Now, don't get it twisted, I'm not saying I disagree with Vander's change in behavior, I'm just saying that one day he believed hole heartedly that we should fight back, and the next he didn't. I do have reason to believe that something spurred that drastic bipolar switch in him, but I'm not really one to ask questions.

Anyway, over the years, Vander decided it would be beneficial to take in children who didn't have a home and happened to be stuck down here, and seeing as the Undercity isn't the safest place to be period, I honestly applaud him for that.

There's Violet, Powder, Claggor, and Mylo, all of whom were the cause of the explosion that happened in that Piltover penthouse.

Having lived here my entire life, I know a little about how the enforcers will deal with the situation. They'll inevitably flood our streets, harassing innocent citizens of The Lanes while in search of the ones who did this. They will arrest people for doing the things they have to do to survive in the process of trying to find the teenagers responsible for the obliteration of a precious penthouse that will no doubt be rebuilt in a week's time. They will terrorize the people of the Undercity for something they honestly had coming.

I can't let that happen.

Sure I know that if you live in The Lanes, you shouldn't really expect much more than that. Life is horrible downside, I know that well enough from personal experience. But I want to at least take the burden of the enforcers off my people's backs while I have the chance.

And I can use my connections as Silco's infamous (yet mysterious) daughter to do something about it. When I was born, my father thought he was going to have a worthy heir to his growing empire of destruction and violence. He thought it would only be a matter of time before I would be ready to go slaughtering people left and right for his cause. Only it wasn't a matter of time, because when my mother passed soon after childbirth, and there was nobody to raise me, he decided he didn't want to be responsible for the growing up process that needed to happen in order for me to be what he wanted me to be. He neglected me, yet expected me to somehow become the ruthless, powerful, unstoppable force he initially wished for.