Chapter Six

WARNING!!!! This is just a filler chapter, it's not much as I've been pretty busy with school recently.

Vi

I always knew Miriem was beautiful, that's a given, and it's obvious that my beating lesbian heart would develop a little bit of a crush on her. I just didn't think it would be to this extent.

I can't keep my eyes off of the blonde, can't find it in myself to contribute to the conversation that Sevika and the rest of them are holding at the moment. I'm listening to what's being said, of course, this is important stuff. And I'm being discreet enough that nobody notices (hopefully), looking at each person to show I'm listening, but I can't help but take secret glances at Mira that may linger a little bit too much. I can't help it, okay? Her entire presence is captivating, the way she talks when she's serious, the face she makes when she's thinking about what to do next, it's just entirely too sexy, I swear.

I can't explain it. It would be more reasonable to say it's plain old lust, I mean how can I like like someone I don't even know? I could chalk it up to her appearance up until like an hour ago, being attracted to her looks. But within said hour, we've had conversations, and I've caught glimpses of her personality in the way she talks and interacts with others, and I can no longer tell myself that it's lust. But this is different than anything I've ever felt before, it doesn't feel like those wimpy teenage crushes you get on people that you're not really even friends with. She's so welcoming (though I can tell that she's still a little hesitant about me) and I feel like I've really known her my entire life.

And yes, I do understand that it's unrealistic to have feelings for her, I know that. In this world, in this society, there's no time to value people in a romantic respect. It's way too dangerous to love someone when it's always possible that one day they'll be torn from your hands with zero warning. It tears you apart, it breaks you if that happens. An inmate a few cells away from me was brought in a few weeks before Caitlyn got me out, and every single night she would cry herself to sleep, waking up screaming about her lover who was killed in front of her. And the kicker? She's from Piltover. Even in the most pristine and (supposedly) peaceful city in the world, there's no escape from the violence.

Every place you go nowadays, there's always the danger of unexpected things happening. It's not reasonable to feel this way in a world like this, all it ever leads to is heartbreak and mourning.

Yet, I can't stop the butterflies that flutter in my stomach when she smiles at me.

"So, what you're saying is that there's no upcoming shipments or meetings to crash?" Powder says with a solemn expression. Vi draws her eyes away from the beautiful blonde across the table to look at her sister.

"That's exactly what I'm saying, yes," Sevika responds with just as much disappointment as Powder.

"That just means more time to build inventory, we're running low on food at the moment and our supplier has been MIA for months now," Miriem says with a serious face, all business, which makes sense, she does have nearly a hundred people to account for that will all go starving if they don't stock up soon. "Ekko, didn't you say the couple and family that came last month were put in the same apartment?" he nods, "I say that tomorrow we assign someone to scope out the stability of the fifth floor, if it's secure we can start clearing it out and relocating some people. It's getting really crowded in the lower levels. And hey, a little downtime wouldn't hurt anybody." Everyone at the table voices their agreement.

"How much time do you think we'll have until Silco plans anything that should concern us?" I ask Sevika, trying to gauge just how long we'll have to relax and regroup for the next ambush.

"Well, as far as I know, he's booked with unimportant meetings for the next two weeks give or take, he won't be thinking of shipments or organizing any attacks on Piltover." I nod, turning to Powder, "better make a list of all the fun things you're no doubt going to drag us along for."

"Good thinking," she grins mischievously, and the blonde sighs at the rampant look in her eye.

"Vi," Mira groans, throwing her head back in annoyance that only comes off as hot to me. "Why would you encourage her?" When she rolls her head back around to look me in the eye, her head is still tilted to the side slightly and I have to use all of the energy in my body to keep from following the slope of her neck with my eyes, I just know it would get me unnecessarily bothered (you know what I mean by that).

I raise my hands in surrender as we all get up from the table, to hang out around the room for the remainder of the day, my gaze lingering on Miriem's backside as she walks away...

It's official. I'm fucked.