Chapter Three

Vi third person

-seven years later-

When Vi was taken to Stillwater Prison in Piltover, she never thought she'd ever get to go back to the Undercity. That's what happens when you get arrested and sent to Stillwater, you have little to no probability of ever getting out; especially when you're from The Lanes. However, she was proven wrong when a gullible blue-haired enforcer used her investigation regarding the city of Zuan to break Vi free.

It's been around six or seven years since the infamous Miriem saved her and her sister from her own father, Silco. Vi hasn't seen anyone from The Lanes since then, and she was still clueless about whether or not the blonde girl ever made it out of that canary alive. Last she saw of Miriem, she was running back into the burning building to fight Silco (either to hold him off so that Powder and Vi could get away or to end him for good, her intentions are still unknown to Vi herself).

Nearly her entire family had died that night. Mylo, Claggor, and Vander never made it out of the warehouse, all were inevitably killed in the destruction of the explosion Powder set off. Vi knows that it wasn't Powder's fault that they died, she knows that there was a high chance something else would have happened that night that would have finished them all off if Powder's explosion hadn't already.

Vi found that she respected the way the three of her closest family members went down fighting, it helped her cope more than they would ever come to know. She knows they were still trying their hardest to get out of there as a family.

But Vi still beats herself up for their last moments together, she replays how she screamed at Powder and called her a jinx, how all of this was her fault. If she could go back in time and change how she went about the situation, trust that she would do it in a second, with absolutely zero hesitation.

Throughout the past couple of years, Vi has found herself thinking about Powder on numerous occasions, probably more than she can count. About how she doesn't even know if Powder's still alive down in the Undercity, she's most likely down there all alone. And if she is still alive, what is she doing? The Undercity is a hard place to live in alone, with difficult and degrading jobs to make a living.

Perhaps she was living in the building they used to live in with their parents when they were little, perhaps she's doing well, no matter how low the chances of that are. Vi really just hopes Powder is okay.

Something she regrets more than anything is how she was helpless against the enforcer who took her here. It happened right when she was turning back around to apologize to Powder for what she said. She was taken into custody and shoved into a Stillwater cell with absolutely nothing else to do.

It took a while to realize that Ekko was also down there completely alone, about how she remembers Benzo being killed earlier that fateful night by that Shimmer born monster.

She remembered how it happened when Silco took Vander. How Ekko came running in the bar where they lived, screaming about how not only was his father killed, but the man who did it had taken Vander. She hopes that he and Powder are down there together, making things work.

Knowing topsiders' unwavering hate for the people of The Lanes, she never in a million years thought she'd see the day when she could return to her home. To Powder and Ekko. But alas, she was given a chance and with no hesitation, took it.

Walking through the streets that were once bare of Shimmer addicts, that were now swarming with them, that was once called The Lanes, that were now rebranded by Silco as the city of "Zuan", it was quickly made very clear to her just how much had changed when she was away.

Silco had gained utter and complete control of the troubled people of The Lanes (sorry but she'll never call it "Zuan") and used Shimmer to manipulate them into following him in what he believed was the right path to greatness. He allowed them to become so addicted to Shimmer so that he could threaten to take away their supply in order to form an army of people who'd fight with him.