Chapter Four

Vi third person
It's safe to say that Vi was completely in awe over the Firelight's headquarters, and having two of her closest family members there with her was only the icing on the cake.

It was explained to her that, with some help, Powder and Ekko had been the ones to build this (sorta) secret vigilante group from the ground up. And as co-leader, Ekko took the protection of his people very seriously. Vi spent what felt like years catching up with Powder and Ekko about everything they'd done since Vi last saw them, and was taught an in depth lesson on "Being a Firelight 101" as Powder called it. The two told Vi all about who they were and what their mission was to take back the Undercity from Silco.

They told her about how Ekko was the creator of the HoverSkate™'s, although he expressed very adamantly that "HoverSkate" was just what Powder wanted them to be called and that they were actually names "Hoverboard's". Also about how the majority of the Firelight's missions thus far have been intercepting Shimmer shipments, and how they're hoping to put more influential operations into motion soon.

After nearly an hour of Vi listening to Powder and Ekko talk while Caitlyn was left awkwardly listening from the sidelines, Ekko took Caitlyn off to his workshop to have a private chat with her (AKA interrogate). No doubt he was going to give her the same threat that Powder gave her just previously, but honestly, it made sense and Vi didn't blame them at all.  They had a society to upkeep and protect, and if something were to happen to their people, they'd probably blame themselves for it. Vi was proud of both of them for well they grew up on their own. Their morals are as strong as ever and they matured to the point of being the leaders of such an amazing revolution.

Vi became more and more amazed with the place with every step she took. Powder was currently taking her on a tour of the Firelight's base, and they had literally anything they could ever want. The blue-haired teenager was more or less bouncing off of walls at this point, going off on random tangents when she got too over excited about something or another. 

They had a gym with workout equipment that looked salvaged and pieced together from scraps as well as a big open space off to the side to run or play basketball. There was a game room right next door to the gym, with board games, poker tables (for the adults of course), a toy corner for the kids, and even some old repaired video game consoles from fifty or so years ago. The library was on the second floor directly above the game room, which was filled with books in surprisingly good condition; the content ranging from science textbooks and informational books, to novels and children's storybooks.

Powder and Vi briefly stopped by the workshops which are used for a plethora of things; where any furniture is repaired, where people spend their time studying or learning (basic homeschooling is a necessity here as families are adamant about their children learning to read and write at the very least), and where you can find people working on machinery and building things. Powder tells her that since Ekko is a neat freak and is the only one who knows how to make certain inventions of his, that he has his own workshop so he can work alone.

Apparently the housing was from the second floor and up, and varies from dorm-like rooms to small two or three bedroom apartment style rooms for families.

"This is the cafeteria, if you can even call it that. It's honestly more of a dining room at this point, nobody really eats in here except for at dinner. The room next door is where most people go to lounge and hang out with some coffee or whatever." Powder says while pointing through the doorway to their right where Vi can make out a group of teenagers sitting on recycled armchairs around a coffee table, laughing at something one of them said.

"Our chef is one of the best in all of the Undercity. Well, I mean besides Jericho, of course. We'll have to visit there sometime soon, I haven't had his food in forev-"