light bulb

with scarlett's newly constructed plan, everyone was completely clueless. no one had any idea what this plan was. not even aspen, and that's saying something.

as soon as scarlett built that plan in her head, everyone could tell she was in a better mood.

today was the first volleyball game of the year, so all the team members sat at a lunch table with their jerseys on. the jerseys were maroon with white numbers. morgan and scarlett had worn theirs with sweatpants on.

scarlett's head perked up when she saw nancy sit next to adam. she looked around the table and smirked when she saw some of adam's friends at the table. morgan watched her closely and tried to figure out what she could possibly be thinking.

scarlett stood up and started making her way over to the table they were all sitting at. morgan, extremely confused, followed quickly behind because there was so way she was missing this.

"hey nancy, i'd really appreciate if you'd stop sending your fan mail to our dorm. we have more important things to be concerned with." scarlett smiled sweetly. adam furrowed his eyebrows and sent a confused look over to nancy.

aspen was closely watching from across the cafeteria with abbie and anna. "what'd you think she's saying?" she mumbled as they all tried to get a good view.

"i don't know but she looks pissed." abbie said worriedly.

"yeah and morgan's trying not to laugh so you already know she's saying something good." anna laughed to herself. "should we go over there?"

"why would we go over there?" abbie looked at her dumbfounded. aspen was eating her chips with out taking her eyes off the table across te room. she was trying to silence out the conversation the two were having so she could focus.

"what if she needs our help?" anna said in an obvious tone.

"you know for a fact she doesn't need our help. you just wanna see what's happening!" abbie rolled her eyes.

"okay, maybe i do but don't act like you don't either." anna huffed and crossed her arms. she pouted and slumped down in her chair while abbie raised her eyebrows at the behavior.

"oh shit." aspen mumbled while watching, making the two girls jump up to see.

"please, as if i'd waste my time with something that has to do with you." nancy scoffed with a smile, her two friends giggling to themselves. morgan and scarlett shared a look because hello? that wasn't even funny.

one of adam's new friends was one of the only people at table not laughing besides adam himself and one other kid. the boy seemed nice. he was in a couple of scarlett's classes and was actually kind of cute.

aspen saw the light bulb above scarlett's head again and she groaned. "here we go." she mumbled, watching as her friend looked from nancy to the boy at the table.

"really? because i don't know anyone else who would so graciously drop this off at my dorm door right before curfew." scarlett took the folded paper from her pocket and waved it around with a smile.

"let me see that." adam nodded towards the paper and scarlett frowned mockingly, pulling it back.

"that's clearly fake. god, you're just too funny, scarlett anderson. clearly not funny enough to keep a boyfriend through." she whispered the last part just loud enough for the people at the table to hear it. although it was almost inaudible for them to hear.

adam looked down at the table as nancy and her friends giggled like a bunch of three year olds. his friends looked at her in disbelief. honestly, that was low even for her.

"right," scarlett took a deep breath. "it's crazy that he even wants you. or are you giving him something." she tilted her head, whispering in the same tone she had used. "since y'know how you said..what was it? 'he's mine'?" scarlett opened up the paper read the words off of it.

adam's eyes widened, lifting his head up to look at nancy. she avoided his stare, glaring at scarlett instead. morgan had to turn around and she was covering her mouth with both of her hands. this was better than any show or book ever to her.

scarlett looked at nancy, "what? was i not supposed to say anything about how you've been claiming him. rubbing it in my face that he's yours?" she crossed her arms, looking over to adam and sending him an 'i told you so' look.

she slid the paper down the table and it stopped right in front of adam who raised his eyebrows. he rolled his tongue on the side of his cheek while staring down at the paper.

"let's not forget you have my left overs. you'll always be second in line to me." scarlett had bent down a bit to be level with nancy's face as she spoke to her in a mocking voice. she stood straight up slowly and at this point, morgan was having major trouble containing her laughter.

so we're adam's friends, they hated nancy almost as much as scarlett. seeing her get put into her place was something they've been waiting to see for too long now.

"hey jack, you should come to the game tonight. it's gonna be a good one." scarlett smiled sweetly at the boy who smirked to himself as his friends raised their eyebrows. she sent a look to adam before her and morgan made their way back to the table.

"holy shit." morgan bursted out laughing, gripping onto the table so she can contain herself.

"how long were you holding that in?" scarlett asked flatly.

"too long." she answered, out of breath.

the bell rang for classes to continue and nancy was the first one out of the cafeteria. but since they only had two classes left, the volleyball team was able to get out of class for a practice.

they got to them gym and set up the nets, got the ball carts, and put their bags into the locker room.

scarlett and morgan held an hour practice before sending everyone off to their dorms to shower or rest and get back before the game in an hour.

"what did you say to nancy?" anna asked excitedly, as soon as scarlett and morgan walked into the dorm room.

"what are you even doing here?" morgan laughed as the two put their bags down. they already agreed scarlett would get the shower first. well, scarlett won the race back to their dorm room so, technically she won the shower.

"i need to know." anna grabbed scarlett's arms before she walked into the bathroom.

"and i need to shower."  scarlett smiled sarcastically, walking into the bathroom and shut the door in anna's face.

"wow, who pissed in her cereal?" anna rolled her eyes, jumping onto morgan's bed.

"nancy." aspen joked, snickering to herself while morgan and anna laughed.

"you guys are mean." abbie shook her head with a small smile.