girlfriend?

"does really this seem believable? i mean, we only really started talking a couple days ago." scarlett asked jack as the two walked towards the cafeteria. it was finally time to execute their plan.

"i don't think people are gonna be looking into it that much. you know everyone loves finding something new to talk shit about—not that people are gonna talk shit about it, i just-"

"jack, it's fine." scarlett said with a laugh. "you're right, this is gonna be great." she nodded confidently as she opened the door to the cafeteria.

"alright, see you in a bit?" he asked scarlett and she nodded. adam looked right over nancy, who was rambling about how controlling scarlett is at cheer practice. he looked at scarlett and how she smiled at jack as the two talked. that's how she used to look at him.

jack made his way over and sat down next to adam and his friend nate. "so, jack, who are you bringing to homecoming? we're gonna have to find you a date, man." nate said after jack sat down.

"i, uh, actually have one." jack nodded, looking at scarlett from across the room. adam tired to follow where he was looking but jack redirected his gaze to nate as he rammed jack with questions. next thing you know every boy at the table was asking questions.

"who?"

"is she pretty?"

"when did this happen?"

"uh, scarlett." jack mumbled, taking a sip of his water quickly after. adam laughed a little bit because he thought jack said scarlett. god, he's definitely going crazy. but it seems like some of his friends heard it too. so, no, he's definitely not going crazy.

"scarlett anderson?!"

"oh, so she's not just pretty, man, she's hot."

"you're so lucky, dude."

"you're going to homecoming with that..bitch?" nancy looked over at jack in disgust. "and i'd call him anything but lucky. so sorry you were that desperate." she gave him a fake pout before turning back to her friends. both adam and jack
rolled their eyes.

"i heard she has tons of boys waiting to ask her! how'd you manage to get her to say yes?" another one of his friends—johnny, asked.

"well, she's kinda my girlfriend so it'd be kinda embarrassing if she said no." jack shrugged with a shy smile, avoiding eye contact with adam.

3..

2..

"what?"

there it is. didn't even to get one..

"uh, yeah. sorry, man, i didn't think you'd care. your thing ended like..three years ago." jack held back a smile because of course adam cares. he wouldn't be doing this if he knew adam didn't.

"i don't care!" adam answered quickly. "just why her of all people?" he asked.

"well you'd know the answer to that. you had to at one point, you were in my position once." jack smiled lightly with a shrug. jack looked at scarlett and she looked up sending him a smile before turning back to her friends.

"so you're dating now?" anna asked, shocked.

"well, it's only fake. it's apart of my plan to piss nancy off, and his parents have been on his ass about not having a date for all of their family parties, because—yes, they're that rich, so i get to go to all of those." scarlett shrugged.

"ugh, you're one lucky bitch, scar." morgan sighed, picking at her food.

"yeah, where's my boyfriend who's rich and hot?" abbie groaned, putting down her fork.

"how long do you think it's gonna last?" aspen asked, ignoring the girls in front of the two and turning towards scarlett.

"i don't know..however long i need it to i guess. and however long he needs me at those parties." scarlett shrugged, quickly glancing over to jacks table but making eye contact with adam instead. she quickly looked back down and to morgan who stared talking.

"his family has money to throw away and always has a reason to throw a party, he's never gonna not need you at those parties." she laughed, making anna and abbie nod their heads.

"well, i could always step in for you. only when you get bored, of course." aspen raised her eyebrows jokingly, making her and scarlett laugh together.

scarlett knew aspen was only joking. aspen was taking a complete break on all things love until basketball season was over. so anyone who would even looked her way was glared away by aspen herself.

"well i mean, if you're up for fancy dresses and expensive food then i don't see why not." scarlett joked back before looking at the time. "oh, shit, i gotta go over there." she picked up the books for her last two classes and stood up.

"uh, where?" anna asked confused.

"their table." scarlett shrugged like it was obvious.

"their table?" all four girls at the table spoke at the same time. scarlett's eyes widened and she let out a laugh.

"yep, their table. you guys are more than welcome to come but i'm just going to grab jack so we can go to our last class." scarlett raised her eyebrows and when no one said anything she laughed, walking away.

when she got there jack was already stood up, pushing his seat in. "hey," she smiled, sparing a quick glance to their table. she's never seen adam look more pissed off in her life, and that's saying something. "what's up?"

"not much, ready to go?" he asked, grabbing his water as scarlett nodded. he turned and nodded his head at his friends before placing his hand on scarlett's lower back and started walking out of the cafeteria. "is he looking?" jack whispered looking at scarlett.

she turned around subtly and saw adam glaring at the back of their heads. she didn't need to look back to know that, she practically felt his eyes on the back of her head. he was clenching his water bottle so hard she thought it'd burst. "yeah," she whispered, turning around.

"good," jack smiled as the doors shut behind them. "don't wanna be doing this for nothing." he laughed and the two became immediately friendly.

"y'know, we're pretty good actors to say the least." scarlett nodded as they stopped at jacks locker to get his books. she leaned against the locker next to his.

"i guess we are, huh? we're doing a pretty good job." jack agreed and the two began making their way to the last class they had, which was together.

-
christmas eve time guys

anyway may or may not have pressured myself into publishing that new adam fic because i probably wouldn't have

anyway happy holidays