lets go, lover boy

"hey, scar- where the hell are you going?" aspen walked into the dorm slowly, closing the door behind her. scarlett was standing in front of abbie's big mirror in the corner of the room.

she turned around with a big smile making aspens eyes widened. "who possessed you?" she laughed, amused, and hopped onto her bed. she rolled onto her stomach to face scarlett and put her head in her hands.

"i've got my first fake girlfriend duty tonight." she shuffled around in the dress she was wearing and smiled happily. well, tired to.

"stop smiling like that," aspen said as scarlett smiled wider, trying to get a good smile, "scar—no, scarlett, stop. that's creepy and if you smile at anyone like that they'll shit their pants on the spot." she said with the most serious face scarlett has ever seen.

scarlett's face dropped and she dropped to the floor. she laid on her back and faced the ceiling. "i'm meeting his parents at this stupid lacrosse rich people banquet." she groaned, taking her heels off and throwing them across the room.

"a lacrosse banquet?" aspen's eyebrows furrowed.

"for his brother, he's in college. he's graduating so it's a big deal, i guess. his parents and all their friends are going to be there. plus all the other players and their friends and families. and there's an after party at this big ass golf course." scarlett sighed, flinging herself upwards.

"damn, need a plus one?" aspen asked excitedly, swinging her feet and mockingly raising her eyebrows.

"i'm the plus one. so, no."

"whatever."

scarlett stood back up and looked in the mirror. she adjusted the dress she had on. she had on a long sleeved, emerald green dress, that stopped just before her knees. jack was wearing a green tie, so they would match. apparently they're an emerald green and black type of family.

scarlett stole a tan pair of morgan's heels and some silver jewelry from abbie to go with her dress.

scarlett had curled hair and braided pieces to pin back. she knew she had to braid it for two reasons. one, thats the only thing she really can do because of her experience from hockey. and two, she didn't feel like curling the other pieces of her hair so she just braided them.

she put some makeup on so she looked presentable. she didn't want to look like she hasn't slept in months and just sat on her ass all day.

"oh my god, you look so good!" morgan exclaimed, rushing into the dorm. "when do you have to leave?" she asked, throwing her bags onto her bed.

"uh," scarlett went to look at the time and she froze. "oh shit, oh fuck," she scrambled around the room, running to grab the heels she had on. "shit, shit," she hopped around while trying to get them on her feet. "gotta go guys, bye." she said quickly and shut the door, leaving morgan and aspen with wide eyes.

jack was down the hall, waiting for her. "hey, i'm so sorry, i hope you weren't waiting for too long." she smiled lightly, walking up to him. he had on his black suit and emerald green tie. his hair was a little more controlled then usual, but scarlett liked his hair messy.

"no, i actually just got here." he shook his head and that made her feel so much better. she would've felt bad if he just sat out here—waiting,
because she was panicking about going.

"perfect, are you gonna drive us down?" she asked as they started to walk out of the building. he opened the door for her when they walked outside and she sent him a small smile.

"yeah, and we're gonna meet my family there." he nodded, opening his car door for her as well. she got in and buckled up while he walked around. he had a really nice car. scarlett knew they were rich but she recently found out just how rich they are.

"i hope your family likes me." she frowned slightly as he put his hand on the back of her seat and backed out of his parking spot. "i mean, you bring me out of nowhere and i look like i just got hit by a bus after partying all night an-"

"scarlett," jack chuckled quietly. "it's fine, you're fine. they're gonna love you. you're nice, smart, have manners, have a good family," she sent him a look when he said that. "it'll all be fine. and besides, you look beautiful. you're like..equivalent to what my mom wants for me and my brother." he sent her a quick look and she broke a smile.

"really?"

"yeah, i swear. like, i'm talking poster-board material. she'll love you. plus, you're in sports, that'll be a great conversation starter for my dad." he added in quickly, trying to ease her nervousness as they got closer to the venue the banquet was being held at.

"okay, okay," she nodded, convincing herself. "god, i don't even know why i'm so nervous. i guess i just want your family to get off your back for a bit. i know what it's like to have people nagging on you constantly." she shrugged as the pulled into the parking lot.

jack sighed, putting the car on park, and turned to scarlett. "everything will be okay. you look fine, you'll be fine in there, and absolutely no one is going to have a problem with you, okay?" he asked and she nodded. "if for any reason, any reason at all—i mean, you could literally just be bored, and we'll leave. we don't even have to go to the after party." he looked into her eyes and she took a deep breath.

"jack, i'm not gonna do that to you.." she whispered as their faces inch closer to each other.

"it'll all be fine." he said in the same tone as they both leaned in, closing their eyes and grazing each others lips. they both leaned in and scarlett wrapped her hands around jacks neck as his hands held her cheeks.

scarlett smiled into the kiss. it wasn't awkward like everyone else she's been with in the past three years. she just couldn't help but think about how it was nothing like adam. she's never felt anything like how she felt when she was with adam.

the two eventually pulled away, needing air. they smiled and ending up laughing breathlessly. "ready, then?" jack raised his eyebrows, turning off his car.

"i don't know, i might need another kiss to figure that out." scarlett joked, unbuckling.

what they didn't know was that they had an audience. adam stood around the corner with a clenched jaw and glaring eyes. he sucked in a breath and angrily made his way into the venue. which scarlett didn't know about.

"maybe i'll just have to give you one." jack leaned in and so did scarlett. but she swerved her head and he kissed her cheek instead. the two laughed and she opened her door.

"let's go lover boy!"

-
merry christmas or whatever you celebrate
i hope you all have a good holiday

so i put up a cast list for my next adam fic and i have a possible guy fic in the works if anyone's interested??

idk this fic is gonna be the death of me and idek know why..anyways three updates in a row, literally killed me.