get over it

"hey, i'm just gonna run to my locker real quick. i'm gonna see if i can grab some of my books." scarlett told morgan as the two walked back from an early volleyball practice. it was a little after eight, and that's the earliest they've ended all week.

scarlett's locker has been completely jammed all day. she's had to borrow books from all her friends when she was in different classes then them.

"scar, you tried like 50 times like every other hour today..i don't think it's gonna budge." morgan said raising her eyebrows. she sighed, knowing from scarlett's face she was going to go anyway. "okay, do you want me to wait? i'd say i'd go with you but i can't walk up stairs right now, i'll roll right down." she huffed, bending her legs.

"no, it's okay, you can go back to the dorm.
i'll be quick." scarlett shook her head, not giving the girl a chance to protest as she ran up the stairs to where her locker was.

scarlett to her locker and of course, it opened. "you've gotta be fucking kidding me." she rolled her eyes, "just my luck, huh?" of course it decided to open after all of her classes.

what she had failed to notice was the slip of paper that fell to the floor when she opened her locker. she grabbed the things she needed for homework and closed her locker. her folder slid off of the books in her arms and she huffed, going to pick it up. she saw the slip of paper and picked it up with furrowed eyebrows.

she stopped, looked around, and then back down. "not again." she mumbled, opening the paper.

come to room 113, alone, 8:30

scarlett looked around for the nearest clock. that's in three minutes, she thought to herself, how convenient. she really didn't want to go, especially because she didn't know if aspen would be there. but, she's a very curious person, and she'd probably never get over the fact that she didn't go if she turned around right now.

so instead, she sighed dramatically and walked all the way down the hall to the abandoned room.

she went to grab the door knob and the door slightly opened and a hand grabbed hers. her eyes widened as she was pulled into the classroom. it was dark, the moonlight was the only source of light in the room.

"seriously, this has got to stop happening. if i get pulled into one more classro-"

"ow! seriously, if someone doesn't turn on a damn light right no-"

scarlett smiled at the familiar voice of complaint. aspen. the lamp in the corner of the room flickered on and scarlett looked over to the nearest person, assuming they'd been the one to drag her in here.

"oh, of course it was you." she stared at adam as his lips slightly parted, probably in offense.

"what's that supposed to mea-"

"can we like, not do this again?" charlie scoffed as the two started to bicker back and forth over who knows what.

"oh look who it is, mr. miserable. how've you been? oh wait, let me guess..miserabl-" scarlett was cut off by charlie's sarcastic smile.

"wow, how nice of you to ask how i've been considering you clearly don't give a shit about anybody but yoursel-"

"that's just hilarious coming from you, mr. head so far up his own ass he can't walk straight." scarlett laughed dryly at charlie's behavior. everyone rolled their eyes and muttered under their breaths. this obviously wasn't new to them.

"why are you aloud to fight with her and i'm not?" adam pushed charlie's shoulder back, turning him away from scarlett.

"because you're like in love with her, so you're obviously just blind-" charlie said like it was obvious.