Chapter 3

It is Thursday today. Yesterday I had post alcohol syndrome and as always gave myself promise that I will never drink hard liquor again. I was like zombie at school and Meghan who sat next to me looked same. She let her head to lie down on her folded hands and had sunglasses. I would told she looks like I felt.

Despite of my state I made up last training before tender and today I was fully concentrated on it. Fit again. We just finished classes for today, now sitting in the canteen.

„Ethan has something to do today, so I can stay with you and after tender we can hang out a little?" she suggested.

„What's Ethan's plan?" I was interested.

„He needs to finish assigment for next week so he is hitting the library this evening."

„Really? Classes just started," I whinned.

She shrugged: „We already have some assigments too."

„Yes, but everyone says, that first week is student's time. Studying part happens after that," I reminded.

„That is why we are going to have fun tonight instead of studying," she smirked. „So are you nervous?"

I didn't know. I felt little nervous in my stomach, but also focused. I was little bit disappointed because of my conversation with Elliott. We still didn't talk together. He sent me only good luck message for today and that is all. I have to call him later this week because messaging is not enough for me.

„I'm fine," I smiled softly.

„Ok. We can continue in this conversation after tender."

Meghan kept her promise and she sat on tribune during whole tender. It wasn't so bad. There were only few candidats, three coaches and all members of current team. I know nobody.

„Hi and welcome! I'm head coach Winny Speed and this is James and Heather – my assistant coaches. We want from you to do your best and show it. There are only four of you who can succeed. To be objective we decided you all will play on every possible position. Any questions?"

Silence. „Ok, so we can start!" When my turn came I did my best.

I was fully focused at first part which is hit the ball and try to take first base. And then I realized something. I was wrong about not knowing anybody. The pitcher was familiar to me and after her first strike when I missed I was pretty sure who she is. I recognised brown curly hair now tied in bun and brown eyes focusing on my way. The girl from the park and from bar who almost crashed me down. Now she has great opportunity to strike me out but I don't give her a chance.

I hit the ball on the second time and run to first base before they took it. I made it and watched pitcher how she try to strike out another player. I admired her swift movements. She knows exactly what she is doing. And... yes, after two minutes it was her third strike out. I had no chance to get to second base.

Then we continued with deffence and I played on all bases and also as pitcher, catcher and outfielder. After tender, me and other girls waited there till coaches and members of team will make a decision.

I reached Meghan on tribune and looked at her watch.

„It was really long time," she refered to me.

„Was it? I didn't realize."

„Never mind. I observed all girls during the play and you looked the most concentrated and that was reflected in your performance. I'm not expert but if you want to know my opinion you and that girl in blue t-shirt will be chosen for sure."

„Ok, we will see," I smirked at her hoping she is right. I watched all girls when I had time and shared Meghan's opinion. My assumption and statistics tells that we would make a great time with the current team. And other two? I had no clue.