Chapter -1

Aavya-

It's 3:30 AM quiet early! When I saw dad coming to my room. "Didn't you sleep all night" he ask in a tone of anger with concerned.

"Good morning papa" I wish him.
"Good morning" he reply. I love the way he cares us, love us, as he is bad at expressing himself, even he just try to show love it sounds like he scold but after spending 23 years with him I'm totally used to it.

"So it's your 2nd last exam and one more left, right? he ask.

"Hmm, the last exam was day after tomorrow." I answer. "Ok! have some sleep otherwise you gonna fall asleep at the mid of your exam " he just ordered me and leave from the room.

I don't get it why he always woke up so early in the morning like his office timing was 8:30 AM, if he woke up at 5:00 or 6:00 he got enough time for their morning things like yoga, walk and all but still no.

It's now 4:30 and before my dad came back and scold me again I pack my things and reach to mom's room and lay behind cuddling her and as a result she awake.

"What's the time" she asked in her sleepy voice.

"Love uhh mummy" I said in low voice "still enough, good night."

"These are the consequences when you try to cover whole year syllabus in two days."

Ohhh com'on mumma!! She's half awake and still taunt me brilliantly just wow. It's not more than two to three minutes since i have been in bed and due to tiredness, I fall asleep.

My eyes open by the slap of alarm as it's 7:30 and I need to get ready. Hurriedly i get up from my bed and lead my steps to the bathroom.

After getting ready I went to dinning table just to see entertainment of my life or its more convenient to say entertainment of our family "sumu" my younger brother. He's the youngest one in our family, as the age difference between me and him is about 8 years but still he advice sometimes like an old and mature one. Just seeing him smiling all our stress, tensions, problems went away.

"Papa see again he sit on my palce, please let him shift to the other."

"Just sit and have your breakfast don't mess with me otherwise i cursed you that you gonna fail in your exam" he said with a smirk on his face "and you know already that I have a black tongue and whatever i said it's gonna happen in real."

(Black tongue - it's a myth that if a person having black spots on their tongue, whatever he/she says is going to be true.)

"You"

"Whatever! I lost my appetite mummy just give me one hard coffee so I remain awake at the exam time" I told my mom and ignored him as I'm not in the mood of argument.

And also can't take risk at the exam time. what if his words are real? So decided to calm during exams.

"Let me drop you to the bus stand, come i'll wait outside" dad told me and went to their room to grab their belongings.

_______________________

After exam my eyes search for 'shreya' as she is my one nd only friend. As i wait someone closes my eyes from behind but it doesn't take me long to guess who's it.

"Ahh!! come on we are not in school anymore, please behave like a college student girl" I said with a smile make her to remove their hands from my eyes

"Hey! how did you find it's me?"

"Because no one is that stupid to do such kind of stuff at college level."

"Please"

"What?"

"Let's say no one is that daring to do such kind of stuff with you except me."

"and why is that so?"

"I don't know even when i saw you first time i wouldn't dare to talk with you."shreya jokes

"What do you mean i look that bad?" I asked raising my brows.

"No baby! I just mean you seems i-i don't know how to say just not everyone had chance and can afford time from you, you are harsh for unknown and don't talk with them and it's not easy to talk with you when you are not in the mood and it's look like you are totally different person at that time"........ before she can complete her i interrupted her

"Wait!! What?? are you serious" i cut her in the same way jokingly
We are about to leave from the campus and suddenly a bouquet of flowers stops my way, when i look clearly..........

"Aww" the word comes out from shreya's mouth

I glare at her as i don't want to create a scene at the center of the campus so just ignore shreya and move forward to the man who down at his knees creating almost some kind of romantic movie scene.

"Dev" word comes from my mouth involuntary.

Dev!! he was one of the the best student category boy like sincere, honest, hardworking, teacher's favourite, also crush of numerous;

I know him since my school days as he is my senior and also neighbour but we never talk before. I actually noticed him after entering into this college and got to know more about him after college campaign where we did volunteer together with our friends. He is friendly, helpful in nature and more importantly made efforts for what he wants to achieve.

But it doesn't mean we are that close and beside all this i can't refuse his proposal at this moment like in front of all people and hurt his feelings and so called male ego, i know him but not in this way.

I just nod my head and help him to get up. Shreya leaves first leaving me with Dev as the situation seems normal and people back to their way, we also head towards the home together in his car.

All the things and whatever happened just a while ago running in my mind like a recorded video. As to think of the moments we spent together i can't find the reason why he's doing this.

"Are you ok?" he asked to break the long silence between us.

"Yes" i reply still avoiding the eye contact

" If you are free tonight let's have a dinner together" he asked holding my hand and his eyes with emotions wait to see my reaction.

"Sorry" I refuse and free my hand with his " i know today's your last exam but I had one more exam day after tomorrow so I can't make it today" I told him

"Oh! it's alright. All the best for your exam" and after this he stop his car "hey we arrived." I realised after his words.

"Thank you" i said and leave asap without saying anything else.

He wait until I entered into my house.

Hey! Hope you like the first part. If uhh like it, please vote and share the story to support my work and also give me your suggestions through your comments.

N for the story i say it's just the beginning (⁠ノ゚⁠0゚⁠)⁠ノ⁠→(⁠。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。⁠)⁠➜ stay tuned..........