III

october 28th 7:05

after yesterday's conversation with heizou, you didn't text him again, not that you had a reason to - plus, the recipe you made xiao cook turned out to be pretty good. looking at the present, you were very busy - 2 hours of learning, 20 minutes of break time.

"today is wednesday, right?" your teacher asked and the class affirmed.

"well then, i will happily give you a project to do in pairs, but because your class has 29 people, which is an uneven number, one group will have 3 members. the pairs will be selected by no one other than our precious random wheel on google!"

From what you previously overheard, your history teacher had a tradition to determine almost everything by a wheel - basically, your future lies in the hands of randomness.

"the main project theme will be the archon war in a specific region and detailed research about two gods of that region."

neither you nor your classmates were excited about this.

"the due date will be the second week of december, so you have over a month's time for this"

a month for a detailed project about the archon war was not enough - it's a vast topic. the archon war took place over 5 thousand years ago, it was enforced by celestia for seven gods to emerge victorious and take the heavy title of an archon and be strained by invisible shackles, also known as the gnosis.

but, a few thousand years ago, due to some unknown reasons, every deity died, and from then on teyvat was a continent ruled and developed by humans. for unknown reasons, all the monsters and animals went extinct too, even the cursed people of khaenri'ah died, their curse being no obstacle for this mass mortality event. nowadays some animals are similar to those of the past but they will never be the same.

In conclusion, there was so much that was basic knowledge of the archon war that would already take a long enough time to turn into a presentation, not talking about the details that you need to research for a project.

"okay, so dividing the pairs now"

and so the teacher began clicking on the wheel and deciding pairs like that.

"the 8th pair is gonna be y/n and...."

the and dragged on for as long as the wheel spun for the second name.

"scaramouche!"

scaramouche? you haven't heard of that name yet. looking around the class you noticed that half was staring at you and the other half at some boy with purple hair who sat a row across from you in the front.

deleting your names from the wheel the teacher resumed randomly making pairs until there was only one name on the screen, 'yoimiya'.

"yoimiya? well, she's sick but that doesn't excuse her from having to write the project sooner or later. anyways, let's spin the wheel and see to which group we will be adding her"

the teacher really loved the wheel - it was clear as day.

"group number...8, yoimiya will be going to group number 8. if i remember correctly, group number 8 consisted of y/n and scaramouche? well, whoever is in that group is responsible for making yoimiya catch up to the date. "